Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to pay a Childminder/nanny minding in our home?

Options
  • 16-07-2020 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

We are looking for a childminder to work in our home and don’t know what would be a fair rate of pay. We live in Co. Wexford. We have 4 children, 3 are school going and 1 infant. The minder would be working part time (30 hours a week). They would be registered with revenue. We were going to pay €10.50 an hour and pay any petrol expenses for school runs. Does this sound reasonable? Or too low? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

Presume best to advertise job then if find suitable candidate discuss salary expectation?
    Have you considered au pair ?
    the shorter working week may attract some people.
    I have not hired minder for home but know people who did they also paid extra cost of having car insurance 'for work purposes'
    I do think it seems low for responsibility for 4 children compared to deli counter in Centra where would get that pay also.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bomchikkawawa

ax530 wrote: »
    Presume best to advertise job then if find suitable candidate discuss salary expectation?
    Have you considered au pair ?
    the shorter working week may attract some people.
    I have not hired minder for home but know people who did they also paid extra cost of having car insurance 'for work purposes'
    I do think it seems low for responsibility for 4 children compared to deli counter in Centra where would get that pay also.

Thanks. We only want a live out nanny/childminder, not an au pair.
    We will discuss pay obviously when we find someone suitable , but I have no idea what typical pay for minding 4 children would be so it would be helpful to have an idea of that before going into discussions.

Advertisement