Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ticks

• 16-07-2020 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭

Just removed a tick from my 11 year old duskie. First time ever. I kind of panicked and just removed it. is there anything i need to be looking out for ?

There was no blood or pus once removed.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Yick. The are disgusting, aren't they?
    Just check the spot you removed it from. The main risk when removing a tick is that you'll leave the head embedded in the skin. You'll know if this has happened as there'll be a black bit in the middle of the wound... looks a bit like a splinter.
    If you've managed to remove it entirely, chances are there'll be a small, reddish, clean, circular wound with a darker spot in the middle. They generally heal up just fine on their own, but no harm to spray a squirt of antiseptic stuff on it.
    Everybody should have a tick tweezers or tick hook! They only cost a couple of quid, and mad handy to have in the first aid kit:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Thanks DBB, looked complete when i removed it. As you described there is a small red spot with a darker spot in the middle, washed with antiseptic wash as well. Had to cut some of the hair off around it , which went down well!!!

Advertisement