Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid item fee

Options
  • 16-07-2020 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am writing this to express my disappointment in receiving an unpaid item fee. I appreciate receiving a text to remind me there was an insufficient amount in my account to cover the charge. I then took it upon myself to switch the card on my PayPal account to cover the cost. I am not impressed to see the unpaid item fee on my account this evening, after heeding the reminder and rectifying it. Ideally I would like the money refunded or a reasonable explanation as to why this occurred.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Shaunasm90,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

Generally, a merchant, in this case, PayPal would process a Direct Debit payment a number of days before it is due to debit your account. As this Direct Debit would have been in transit already, there may not have been sufficient time to update the payment details on your PayPal account. 

An unpaid fee is applied to an account when a Direct Debit has been requested by a merchant, but there are insufficient funds in the account. 

To ensure your payment details have been updated successfully, it would be best to link in with PayPal directly, in order to avoid any future unpaid fees on your current account. 

Thanks, Aisling. 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shaunasm90

Thanks Aisling,

I will take that into account.

Shauna

(quote="Bank of Ireland: Aisling;114059731"]Hi Shaunasm90,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

Generally, a merchant, in this case, PayPal would process a Direct Debit payment a number of days before it is due to debit your account. As this Direct Debit would have been in transit already, there may not have been sufficient time to update the payment details on your PayPal account. 

An unpaid fee is applied to an account when a Direct Debit has been requested by a merchant, but there are insufficient funds in the account. 

To ensure your payment details have been updated successfully, it would be best to link in with PayPal directly, in order to avoid any future unpaid fees on your current account. 

Thanks, Aisling. [/quote]

Advertisement