Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clematis armandii fungus

Options
  • 16-07-2020 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

Hey, my lovely Clematis armandii isn't doing too good, i noticed black spots on 1 or 2 leaves, patches of fungus under some leaves.
    doesn't look too healthy and it has stopped growing.

I was under the impression armandii doesn't get wilt but i think it got some serious wind damage past few weeks.

Hate to have to cut it all the way back but what happens if i just let it run it's course? I have a few varieties of clematis that i cut back regularly but this one is evergreen that i only trim for aesthetic reasons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

You're right they don't suffer from wilt but can certainly be affected by funny weather which there's been plenty of recently.
    I'd be inclined to let nature take it's course too, it may die back in which case you'll need to trim it but i'd wait and see what it does first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

The lesions are right at the stem so i'm just going to let it do it's thing.

Funny thing is i had a Clematis last year in the same spot that suffered the same fate, it was a large flowering type and i just suspected it was random bad luck with wilt.

I have 4 other types of clematis that thriving so if this one dies completely i think i'll just plant something different in it's place

Attached is the fungus and lesions of the Armandii

Advertisement