If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marantz M-CR612 5+ sec. delay when changing FM channels

Options
  • 16-07-2020 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Marantz M-CR612 with Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers (bought from you) and overall I'm very happy with the system.

One little irritation. Using the FM tuner, there's a 5+ second pause when changing channels, which I thought unusual in a quality tuner. I have an older (5 yrs. approx) Marantz full-size hifi (also from your good selves) and the tuner changes stations with no delay.

Is a 5 sec. delay normal in receivers or could it be considered a fault as such?

It's an otherwise excellent system. I might add that I use the HEOS app as well as the tuner's remote control but the annoying 5 sec delay is there whichever way I change channels. Internet stations take a little less time to change (3-4 secs)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Comhra wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a Marantz M-CR612 with Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers (bought from you) and overall I'm very happy with the system.

One little irritation. Using the FM tuner, there's a 5+ second pause when changing channels, which I thought unusual in a quality tuner. I have an older (5 yrs. approx) Marantz full-size hifi (also from your good selves) and the tuner changes stations with no delay.

Is a 5 sec. delay normal in receivers or could it be considered a fault as such?

It's an otherwise excellent system. I might add that I use the HEOS app as well as the tuner's remote control but the annoying 5 sec delay is there whichever way I change channels. Internet stations take a little less time to change (3-4 secs)
    Hi Comhra.

Thanks for the post.

I really don't think it is a fault with the MCR612 with the 5 second delay when changing stations.
    You could perhaps check with Marantz to see what they say regarding it but i wouldn't think that it would be considered a fault by them.

There can be a delay between many thing on amps and receivers when switching sources, stations, between media players or even switching on.

My own Denon AV receiver can take 2-3 seconds when changing sources and it can take 5-6 seconds when switching to the likes on the on board internet radio.

Each product and manufacturer can have different delay times.

Hope this ease your mind a little.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Hi,

Hi Comhra.

Thanks for the post.

I really don't think it is a fault with the MCR612 with the 5 second delay when changing stations.
    You could perhaps check with Marantz to see what they say regarding it but i wouldn't think that it would be considered a fault by them.

There can be a delay between many thing on amps and receivers when switching sources, stations, between media players or even switching on.

My own Denon AV receiver can take 2-3 seconds when changing sources and it can take 5-6 seconds when switching to the likes on the on board internet radio.

Kenny.
    Hi Kenny and thanks for getting back to me.

It's a little disappointing all the same, when my older ST6003 Marantz receiver can manage a near instant change of radio channels as does my old Philips mini-hifi from the 1990s! 

I'll pop Marantz an email but from what you say, it looks like there's no real solution.  The  M-CR612 is however, a lovely piece of equipment apart from this  annoyance.

John.

Hi,

Hi Comhra.

Thanks for the post.

Kenny.

It's a little disappointing all the same, when my older ST6003 Marantz receiver can manage a near instant change of radio channels as does my old Philips mini-hifi from the 1990s! 

I'll pop Marantz an email but from what you say, it looks like there's no real solution.  The  M-CR612 is however, a lovely piece of equipment apart from this  annoyance.

John.
    Hi John.

I do understand it can be a little frustrating having to wait a bit on the station changing. 
    Normally I would say you could return it if you are not happy but as it was purchased in January it would be outside of our returns policy.

Let me know what Marantz say :)

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Hi,

Hi Comhra.

Thanks for the post.

Kenny.

John.
    Hi John.

I do understand it can be a little frustrating having to wait a bit on the station changing. 
    Normally I would say you could return it if you are not happy but as it was purchased in January it would be outside of our returns policy.

Kenny.
    Hi again,

Got a response from Marantz today. They suggested the options  shown below.  I  disconnected and re-connected the FM

antenna with no discernible difference so I continued and did the factory reset.

After re-tuning my  FM  channels and re-connecting my wi-fi, (the HEOS app was handy for instantly restoring all the internet

stations)   I tested my FM channel response times and the tuner now changes channels in 4 seconds exactly rather than the

previous 5+ seconds. Well, I suppose it wasn't a totally futile exercise!  That 1+ second less lag time does make a difference.

Another First World problem alleviated,  lol.   

Hi John,

In this case we would suggest you try the below to see if it makes any difference:

38882d120e7b48d8a95b519df5e4835d

If this does not work then try disconnecting the FM antenna from the back and reconnecting carefully and if after this you still get a 5 second lag then try the below factory reset:

e999840149b842aab00a86d6d3f385ec

best regards

sound united support

Hi,

Hi Comhra.

Thanks for the post.

Kenny.

John.
    Hi John.

Kenny.
    Hi again,

Got a response from Marantz today. They suggested the options  shown below.  I  disconnected and re-connected the FM

antenna with no discernible difference so I continued and did the factory reset.

After re-tuning my  FM  channels and re-connecting my wi-fi, (the HEOS app was handy for instantly restoring all the internet

stations)   I tested my FM channel response times and the tuner now changes channels in 4 seconds exactly rather than the

previous 5+ seconds. Well, I suppose it wasn't a totally futile exercise!  That 1+ second less lag time does make a difference.

Another First World problem alleviated,  lol.   

Hi John,

In this case we would suggest you try the below to see if it makes any difference:

38882d120e7b48d8a95b519df5e4835d

If this does not work then try disconnecting the FM antenna from the back and reconnecting carefully and if after this you still get a 5 second lag then try the below factory reset:

e999840149b842aab00a86d6d3f385ec

best regards

sound united support
    Hi John,

Thanks for the update and glad to hear that the station change has sped up a bit!

As ever please don;t hesitate to drop us a post if you have any issues!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.