Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining bonus

Options
  • 16-07-2020 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently with EI for gas, and Energia for electricity.  I've bought an e-car and looking to get Night saver electricity meter and am looking at prices.  If I were to switch my electricity to EI with the gas, and get a night saver meter, do I qualify for the €250 sign on bonus?  It's not clear if this is only for a completely new customer, or if it applies to someone with one bill already with EI. 

Thanks,
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

With regard to what you would receive for a new electricity account and an existing gas account, we know that your bill saving off the units would increase from 5% to 8% (for each energy supply) per bill. To find out what bonus credit you would receive, contact Electric Ireland Sales on 1850 30 50 90 or sales@electricireland.ie

The NightSaver is beneficial economically if the electricity is used significantly during the night rate hours (currently midnight to 9am; 11pm to 8am when the clocks go back). Just to advise: the day rate is higher than the 24-hour meter rate, and the standing charge for the NightSaver is higher than that of the 24-hour meter. If a customer wishes to change from NightSaver to 24-hour meter, there is a call-out/works cost from ESB Networks, applied to the customer's bill. There is no charge to change from 24-hour meter to NightSaver.

To request the NightSaver meter, telephone Electric Ireland Customer Service on 1850 372 372.

Let us know here on social media if you have follow-up questions before proceeding.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Thank you, Una.  I'll give them a call later.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sickofcovid

If you sign up for Electricity only with Direct Debit you will get €135 credit on your account and 5% bill discount. The contract lasts for 12 months, a lot of people change the account then to their partners name after 12 months and another €135 is applied, and then back to their own name 12 months later and so on.

Advertisement