Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruined wedding dress

Options
  • 17-07-2020 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi

My wife to be left her wedding dress in to a dry cleaners to get cleaned but whatever they did. It has been destroyed and they also lost 2 pieces that seemingly tore or disappeared while they washed it.

The wedding is exactly in 1 week.

They offered to pay for a seamstress to fix it which they are trying to do now but even the seamstress was shocked by what happened the dress.

I'm just wondering what are the options?

I appreciate any help on this.

(If post needs to be moved, please help me find where to post it)

Comments

Did the seamstress say she couldn’t fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Amadan90

Did the seamstress say she couldn’t fix it?

She said she will do what she can and that the dry cleaners told her the dress just needed a small repair and her reaction when she saw the damage, she was overwhelmed and said she will do her best and will bring the dress back today to show my girlfriend.

We have very little options with the time frame and we're just hoping the seamstress can do a miracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

If it helps, Wed2B sell off the rack so she might get lucky with one fitting perfect in there.

And i'd be giving the receipt for the new dress to the dry cleaners!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

See what the seamstress does. If it's repaired to close to new, I'd forget about it and enjoy your day. Get them to pay for it. Story to tell after dinner.

If it's fecked and you need a new one, id ask to be compensated, or go small claims.

Advertisement