Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting new debit card posted out

Options
  • 17-07-2020 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭

My debit card has been giving some issues recently when I try to pay in retail outlets.

Occasionally the tap and pay won't work, isn't recognised. And sometimes inserting it into the reader doesn't help.

Looks like chip or strip may have some damage?

How do I get a new card posted out? Who do I need to contact, my local branch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your Visa Debit Card. When using contactless payment, it would be necessary to enter the PIN for your card from time to time. 

Can I check if you have received any texts/emails from our Card Security Team asking for you to confirm a transaction with us? If so, you can respond to the message as normal and your card should be fully functional once again. 

If you believe there is physical damage to your card, and this is what is stopping the payments, it would be necessary to order a New Visa Debit Card. This can be completed a number of ways, you can contact our Customer Service Team either by phone on 0818 365 365, or by Secure Message on your 365 online account (on laptop/computer) by following 'Service Desk' > 'Ask a Question'. One of my colleagues with account access will be more than happy to help you. 

Alternatively, you can order a replacement card on the desktop version of Banking 365 by following 'Service Desk' > 'Order Replacement Debit Card'. 

The card will be issued to the address we hold on file, and should take 5-7 working days. Once you receive the card, it would be necessary to activate it at an ATM machine with the PIN. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thanks for that, I think its just physical damage.

I had an occasion the other day when the tap didn't work, I tried inserting it into the terminal and it wasn't recognised either. 

Yet it could work in another shop. Its intermittent, hence why I think its a damaged card.

I'll order a new one, thanks.

Advertisement