Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eir webmail IMAP ?

Options
  • 17-07-2020 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

I'm helping someone move from Eir email to Gmail. They've signed up for a month to have access to the current Eir webmail which has gone paid from July 1.

I've found these tips to get the sent mail transferred using Thunderbird.

I need the new Eir IMAP server (port is 143) but have not found it yet?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I've been trying this myself to transfer to GMAIL but none of the outgoing SMPT settings I've found online and tried have worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭boardtc

@mordeith, for the transfer there is no need to setup SMTP, that is only for sending email.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

boardtc wrote: »
    @mordeith, for the transfer there is no need to setup SMTP, that is only for sending email.

Gmail won't let me skip that step though so I always end up some error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

boardtc wrote: »
    I'm helping someone move from Eir email to Gmail. They've signed up for a month to have access to the current Eir webmail which has gone paid from July 1.

I've found these tips to get the sent mail transferred using Thunderbird.

I need the new Eir IMAP server (port is 143) but have not found it yet?

Any help appreciated.
    Is this it?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/so-you-still-have-an-eircom-net-email-here-is-what-you-need-to-do-1.4165439

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭boardtc

Thanks, It's a useful page I used myself. But unfortunately the gmail import does not import the sent email and also older email in the eircom account - wherever that's stored. I can't see the later but it shows up in a find.

• Advertisement
Advertisement