Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best game to go for - Switch

Options
  • 17-07-2020 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Looking for some game recommendations. There's such a huge range of games on Switch it's difficult to know where to get started!

So far on Switch I mostly own indie releases (into the breach, thimbleweed park, hollow knight). Bought Mario Galaxy but just couldn't get into it. Gave up around metro city.

I hear BOTW is fantastic, but i'm concerned it'll be too much like Ocarina of Time (which was my least favourite Zelda game to date). I'm also quite taken by Fire Emblem Three Houses.

My favourite games (across DS/3DS)

Nine hours, nine persons nine doors
    Big bang mini
    Rhythm Heaven
    Knights in the nightmare
    Advance Wars
    Fire Emblem Awakening (though it got quite predictable by the end)
    Pocket Card Jockey

Basically, I like interesting puzzle games, tactical strategy and rpg (but not JRPG, too much of a grind). Bought Mutant Year Zero recently and didn't like it at all, so hoping to not get burned again.

Any recommendations based on this rather eclectic list?

Cheers.

Comments

BOTW is simply one of the best games ever developed and produced.

I would say that it appeals to the vast majority of people so you're pretty safe in getting it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

BOTW is an incredible game, one of the best ever made. Buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

How can anybody, especially a Zelda fan, not like OoT :confused::D

But eh, yeah defo get BOTW, the game is littered with lil mini puzzle dungeons that should definitely appeal to your love for puzzles. It's a must try game at the very least. It does have one or two things i hated and as a result consider OoT and Windwaker better games, but i still really enjoyed it.

I also heard good things about the new Fire emblem on the switch, so defo check that out too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you like fire emblem and advance wars, check out Wargroove.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Breath of the Wild it is so, cheers all for the feedback!

For the turn based strategy games side of things, Wargroove is definitely on my list, as is Darkest Dungeon. Also, that new Warhammer 40k Adeptus Mechanicus game looks interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Do u like car racing games?
    I play a lot of Asphalt 9. Its a bit "Pay-to-win" but apart from that, its a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I wasn't mad on Ocarina of Time, but loved BOTW. You might give Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle a go for strategy. Death Squared is another interesting looking one, though I believe it's better fun played with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

manual_man wrote: »
    I wasn't mad on Ocarina of Time, but loved BOTW. You might give Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle a go for strategy. Death Squared is another interesting looking one, though I believe it's better fun played with friends.

I actually have Mario Rabbids and really liked it. It's an interesting switch from games like Fire Emblem or Xcom which are much more about slow and steady progress. You can really tear across the map!

Will have to have a look at Death Squared, never heard of it.

Advertisement