Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

experience of pubs during covid

Options
  • 17-07-2020 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

Are there many open? Are they strict on food being purchased and time limits?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

Was in Teach the other day. We were allowed stay an hour and a half (We got extra due to food being delayed). Quite busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

FHFM50 wrote: »
    Was in Teach the other day. We were allowed stay an hour and a half (We got extra due to food being delayed). Quite busy.

That’s 15 minutes less than you’re allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

I would assume that pubs are keeping to the rules, dont get the take aways that the likes of salt bar are operating, as you surely can't drink it on the streets and by the time you get home, it would not taste great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

votecounts wrote: »
    I would assume that pubs are keeping to the rules, dont get the take aways that the likes of salt bar are operating, as you surely can't drink it on the streets and by the time you get home, it would not taste great.

They had a few tables outside Salt bar this evening I'm not sure if they were serving food but it looked the part particularly in the sunshine. I have to say though that street is an utter shambles with cars they should make it one way to reduce traffic and get tidy it all up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I've only been out for a meal once since the pubs reopened. I enjoyed my meal and had a nice evening, but there were a couple of groups of lads just supping away, visibly beery. It looked kind of odd!

From speaking with people who are going out regularly, most of the pubs are flouting the rules. There's just a few that are being strict on the times and drinks without food not allowable.

With the other places, at the very least, you're allowed a few drinks before your meal, and more after your meal, so rather than 95 minutes, it could be 3 hours or more.

One place is giving a burger and a pint for a tenner, then you can drink away to your hearts content.

Other places have their menu as the takeaway menu from a nearby chipper, and you can eat if you want, or again, just drink away.

Apart from the top account, where I was there, these are all 2nd hand accounts, told to me by the person themselves that were there, so not Chinese whispers.

Each to their own and all that, but imo it says a lot about the character of a person who goes on the beer during a pandemic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement