Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda Waste. No bin lift but bin lift charged?

Options
  • 18-07-2020 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Has anyone been charged for a bin lift when the bin wasn't even left out for collection, by Panda Waste or any other company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Has anyone been charged for a bin lift when the bin wasn't even left out for collection, by Panda Waste or any other company?

That would flag as an issue for me. The bin lefts are charged based on the truck scanning a chip embedded in the bin. If you are been charged for lifts that didn't happen it sounds like someone else's chip has been assigned to your account

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

swampy353 wrote: »
    That would flag as an issue for me. The bin lefts are charged based on the truck scanning a chip embedded in the bin. If you are been charged for lifts that didn't happen it sounds like someone else's chip has been assigned to your account

Or someone took in the wrong bin and the OP has ended up with his neighbour's bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

Cheers Coyle.

Something similar happened to me in 2018. Was charged for 3 recycle bin lifts that didn't happen. Eventually, after I told them the bin was at the gable of the house behind a bolted gate for the 3 lifts, they scanned the bins. Then contacted me, apologised for the 'error' and refunded me. They were polite to deal with it so I didn't query what happened to cause such an error, even though they would have kept my money if I hadn't spotted it.

It happened again a few weeks ago. Even though I told them bin was inside bolted gate at the time of the phantom lift, and the same bins were scanned two years ago, they told me they will scan them again. They were do do that within 12 working days. 15 have passed and I'm waiting for reply querying an update. They would have kept this payment too if I didn't see it. I'm probably not the only customer this has happened to. They're the only waste disposal company where I live in Meath so I'm half afraid to complain to the CCPC in case they stop bins for me. Cynically I think they're chancing their arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

coylemj wrote: »
    Or someone took in the wrong bin and the OP has ended up with his neighbour's bin.

This happens a lot and would always be the first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Yes has happened to me once when brown bins first introduced. I know I only left it out once but charged for two. The other thing to look out for are 'bin cleaning' service which is added in but optional as to whether you want it so need to tell them not to do it if you do not wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Is there any visible way of checking your bin against the bin that is being billed? A printed ID number of any sort?

I'm pretty sure there isn't, but just asking. I have sticker on my bin with number, but see awful confusion on the road with other bins, and the other day it did actually cross my mind what if I had the incorrect bin at the time I put the sticker on.

I've never forensically examined my lift history at all to see if it matches what I've put out. I'm sure its something I should pay more attention to.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

It is one thing that I got back from electronic to paper bill. I think there is a code on each bin and visible apart from the sticker? Now they want a single payment per year based on size of household but I think our modest use keeps us under that amount. We compost all kitchen waste except cooked food.

Advertisement