Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you find Sacha Baron Cohen Funny?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

I love that kind of humour like his original stuff...I loved Naked Camera, I loved Dennis Pennis, I loved Trigger Happy and Ali G stuff...they can only last so long until they're recognised then some of those comedians try to branch out into other comedy and it rarely works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

He's hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭thereiver

I think he was funny as the ali g character on tv but that was over 10 years ago ,do Gen z even know who he is ? Most comedians appear on podcasts now or on YouTube or have a special on Netflix , it's a long time since he made a film .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Emblematic

The early Borat segments from the Ali G show were good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,522 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

HIs last show Who Is America had some really interesting scenes. They were more interesting than funny in some cases but that's fine for satire.

He got a politician to do a supposed Mossad terrorism training course. Convince the guy, in a hostage situation, to pull down his trousers and back into the terrorist shouting 'Merica'. Convived him that terrorists are so afraid that touching a bum would turn them gay so they'd surrender.

That's pretty astonishing ignorance and prejudice. Imagine being so afraid of something and knowing absolutely nothing about it. That's great satire. It showed how ignorance can lead to fear, prejudice and harmful behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,935 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

His early stuff was comic genius and he was incredibly quick ...he made you feel uncomfortable..he was challenging stereotypes and being ironic about it ...

But...when it went all movie and Holywood. It completely lost its spontaneity and the point.

A very talented dude..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Genius. The lady's reaction is gold.

Strikes me as a bit of a knob in a real life though.

Advertisement