Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do i need to fix this ?

• 18-07-2020 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Got tiles replaced and skirting pulled off some of the plasterboard when coming off. Just wondering do i need to fix this before putting on new skirting ? And if so whats best to use, plaster repair ?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭romaderwdcsax

Hi All

Got tiles replaced and skirting pulled off some of the plasterboard when coming off. Just wondering do i need to fix this before putting on new skirting ? And if so whats best to use, plaster repair ?

Thanks for any help

No need to as the skirting will cover holes when it goes back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Is there a draught?
    If yes a bit of silicone at the bottom will fix that...

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭sunnyday1234

thanks for the replies, im not worried about a draught, more concerned that the glue might not have a flat surface to stick to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

I screw my skirting boards on so this damage doesn’t happen if you have to take them off again. If it is an external wall, I’d use some expanding foam to seal the gap under the plasterboard to stop draughts getting in

Advertisement