Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 Month Live Gold Subscription No More

Options

Comments

Treppen wrote: »
    Any Gold/Ultimate stackers out there, this was handy if you could get it at a good price.

Gone now

Stack up on your 3 month soon before they get rid of that too!

https://www.trueachievements.com/n42488/xbox-live-gold-12-month-subscription

I'm assuming it's only on the MS store for now, and you can still stack 12 month subs if you buy from third parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭Treppen

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'm assuming it's only on the MS store for now, and you can still stack 12 month subs if you buy from third parties.

Presume so, but dunno how much stock those stores have.

Am I right in saying that you have to let your current Ultimate run out before using the Gold+Ultimate combo?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Smyths still selling the 12 months, which is a digital code generated upon sale, so weird that MS have stopped selling it at source.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/digital-downloads/gaming-memberships/xbox-one-memberships/xbox-live-12-months-gold-membership-digital-download/p/602796

They might be just lining up with game pass ultimate, which doesn't have a 12 month sub, but that still doesn't make sense!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Smyths still selling the 12 months, which is a digital code generated upon sale, so weird that MS have stopped selling it at source.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/digital-downloads/gaming-memberships/xbox-one-memberships/xbox-live-12-months-gold-membership-digital-download/p/602796
    Third party sellers like Smyth's will run out once MS stop supplying them. It's easy for MS to just turn off the tap at their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Treppen wrote: »
    Third party sellers like Smyth's will run out once MS stop supplying them. It's easy for MS to just turn off the tap at their end.

Yes, but Smyths as a 3rd party are still actively selling.
    So, I wonder is it a temp thing or more permanent and it disappears from smyths too :)

Of course, they'll still have to honour physical cards, until they dry up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Anyone know what 12 months of Xbox live Gold converts to in Game Pass ultimate?

I already have ultimate for a good few years but if there is an opportunity to get more I'll take it.

Anyone know what 12 months of Xbox live Gold converts to in Game Pass ultimate?

I already have ultimate for a good few years but if there is an opportunity to get more I'll take it.

#dunno if this is region specific, posted in February 2020.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-live-gold-converting-to-ultimate-game-pass/db384560-4f86-4616-9114-0f05f301a30d?auth=1

Question: I currently have an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription active on my account. I want to purchase an additional 12 months of Xbox Live Gold. I have about 1 month left on my Game Pass subscription. If I purchase an Xbox Live Gold subscription while the Game Pass is still active will the amount of time of Gold that I purchased be less due to it converting to Ultimate or will I then have 13 months of Xbox Live? Gold. Note: I have never converted my Xbox Live Membership into Game Pass as Game Pass is my only subscription ever. Please help.

Thanks!

As long as you have a Ultimate Game Pass subscription, it will convert any new time. I would wait until your Ultimate has ended and then start a new Gold membership, otherwise you will only end up with 5 months of Ultimate.

After you join the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate plan, you can continue to redeem Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass codes. These codes will automatically convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a ratio based on the ERP (Estimated Retail Price) of those codes.

1 month of Gold = 20 days of Ultimate

3 months of Gold = 50 days of Ultimate (1+ month)

6 months of Gold = 79 days of Ultimate (2+ months)

12 months of Gold = 4 months of Ultimate

24 months of Gold = 8 months of Ultimate

1 month of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games) = 20 days of Ultimate

3 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games) = 2 months of Ultimate

6 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games) = 4 months of Ultimate

12 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games) = 5 months of Ultimate

24 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games) = 10 months of Ultimate

Advertisement