Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch alarm, can this model be used after contact cancellation

Options
  • 19-07-2020 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Trying to help out a relative with a phone watch alarm

Installed 2 years ago and they have cancelled the contract.
    Before I remove it and install a SPC4320 can this particular model be reset and used as a standalone alarm.
    I'm quiet a distance from my relative and can't easily travel to get the model number from it.
    The best picture I could get my relative to take are attached, they have said they can't find any other "alarm box" in the house :(
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Ignore my question.
    Found my answer in another thread.
    Can't be done easy and a grey area on who actually owns the equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Ignore my question.
    Found my answer in another thread.
    Can't be done easy and a grey area on who actually owns the equipment

Saved me starting a new thread on this thanks. I’ve just moved into a house that has a phonewatch system installed in 2013. All shocks and sensors on windows etc. none of this can be used now that the last owner has cancelled monitoring I presume ? What a waste of equiptment. Will phone watch take the system away if I request?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Saved me starting a new thread on this thanks. I’ve just moved into a house that has a phonewatch system installed in 2013. All shocks and sensors on windows etc. none of this can be used now that the last owner has cancelled monitoring I presume ? What a waste of equiptment. Will phone watch take the system away if I request?

Well, do you own the house? Because if you do, then surely you own all of that equipment ?

So if it is yours, maybe they will but they will charge you well for it.

Would it be just as easy to set the monitoring up again with them.

Advertisement