Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Severely neglected dog on neighbours balcony

• 19-07-2020 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

The poor fella is in a tiny space and isn’t being walked; he has got progressively less social and now just sits shaking in a tiny doghouse on the balcony.

The dog warden said special input was needed from the building mgm before he would call down, building mgmt had a chat but didn’t do anything.

My gf asked a few weeks ago is we could kindly walk him and the owner got defensive and angry. No dice.

What should we do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Does it sound like the animal is neglected,is it getting fed and watered also.If the owner could not walk the dog why be defensive if someone offered to walk it.Who does one ring if you think an animal is under threat and tied up is a no no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Have ye a local ispca??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

I'd love to chip a 9 iron into the dog owners forehead if that's the way he treats a dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Ray Donovan, advocating violence against people is not tolerated here. Please do not post in this thread again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭stainluss

LilacNails wrote: »
    Have ye a local ispca??

Yep, we’re in Dublin.
    I can swear my gf had rang DSPCA but they put us through to the warden, do ISPCA have their own investigation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

There is no proper dog warden in Dublin. Each coco has subcontracted their duties to Ashton pound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Ashton pound is an awful place for dogs to end up.

Once a dog has food, water and shelter, the DSPCA don't seem to be able to intervene.

While this is not an ideal thing to do, could you offer to buy the dog from the owner? Just to get it to safety.

stainluss wrote: »
    Yep, we’re in Dublin.
    I can swear my gf had rang DSPCA but they put us through to the warden, do ISPCA have their own investigation?

I would have thought the dog warden is separate from the ISPCA, in that they just handle stray dogs.

It's a frustrating situation. It's fine to say he has food and water, but exercise is an essential thing too.

If I were ye I would keep contacting the DSPCA until something is done. I would to annoy them, then they might take action. Maybe keep a dairy in case your asked what's your proof and at least it shows that you do see this as a big concern, and that way they should do something.

I wouldn't go offering to buy the dog, I case he ended up getting another one. He might just have him for company, but just doesn't see his needs.

What breed of dog is he? Big or small?

I would have thought the dog warden is separate from the ISPCA, in that they just handle stray dogs.

It's a frustrating situation. It's fine to say he has food and water, but exercise is an essential thing too.

If I were ye I would keep contacting the DSPCA until something is done. I would to annoy them, then they might take action. Maybe keep a dairy in case your asked what's your proof and at least it shows that you do see this as a big concern, and that way they should do something.

I wouldn't go offering to buy the dog, I case he ended up getting another one. He might just have him for company, but just doesn't see his needs.

What breed of dog is he? Big or small?

The dspca will take surrendered dogs but they have no power to take dogs off people. That's where the dog warden is necessary.

ganmo wrote: »
    The dspca will take surrendered dogs but they have no power to take dogs off people. That's where the dog warden is necessary.

Ya, the guards too. Its a bit ridiculous the DSPCA can't do it.

• Advertisement

Ya, the guards too. Its a bit ridiculous the DSPCA can't do it.

I have a lot to say about them but it's against the charter so :/

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

If a dog has food, water and ‘shelter’ legally there is nothing wrong with its care. Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

offer to buy the dog as u find the cruel treatment is affecting your mental health and surrender to <snip>.

If it was me i would go mental and even steal him to help him. They probably wont even notice / care.

What breed of dog is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Curious1002

Is there any update on the poor doggie?

Advertisement