Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabling under Insulation?

Options
  • 19-07-2020 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

I am fitting drywall insulation to a bedroom wall. There is a 10mm cable running up in the corner of the room from the board downstairs through the bedroom, up into the attic and then across and down to an electric shower, 9kw.

I am going to hollow out a channel in the insulation board (63mm) so the cable can fit.

Question is will there be any overheating in the cable? I would have thought not.

There is no trunking, just wall clips.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Terminator.

It shouldn't matter over that short distance

Just watch what you're fitting doesn't affect the pvc insulation on the cable

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭septictank

Am going to cut out a 15-20mm channel, so shouldn't be any insulation touching it at all. Some of the Dot and Dab might hit it when I'm fixing the boards, but I'll try and stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

septictank wrote: »
    Am going to cut out a 15-20mm channel, so shouldn't be any insulation touching it at all. Some of the Dot and Dab might hit it when I'm fixing the boards, but I'll try and stay away.

Its polystyrene is the problem:
    https://www.voltimum.co.uk/articles/q-day-pvc-cable-conduit-when-passing-0

Advertisement