Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut

Options
  • 20-07-2020 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I want to transfer money from my current account to my Revolut card. I've tried setting Revolut up as a payee and get an error message. I'm using the payee's country as UK with Euro as currency. The message states ' The details you have entered in the IBAN are invalid. I've copied and pasted directly from my Revolut app. Where am I going wrong

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Would it not be the euro bank account you'd use?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

It won't accept that as the Revolut IBAN begins with GB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

jos28 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I want to transfer money from my current account to my Revolut card. I've tried setting Revolut up as a payee and get an error message. I'm using the payee's country as UK with Euro as currency. The message states ' The details you have entered in the IBAN are invalid. I've copied and pasted directly from my Revolut app. Where am I going wrong
    Hi Jos28, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

The IBAN may be rejected if it is being copied and pasted into the IBAN field on your 365 online account. It would be necessary to manually type the IBAN into the field. Your IBAN should then be accepted, and the payee added successfully. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

You can also top up with your Visa Debit

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Gillouise

jos28 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Top up through the Revolut app, you can link your BOI account that way 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

Would you not add the bank account to your Revolut account and top up that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Carodh wrote: »
    Would you not add the bank account to your Revolut account and top up that way.
    Yes, and that is instant, the other way around would take a day probably and renders the purpose useless. 

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dolmen

I have gone through the registration Revoult process, lodged €45 . Provided id and verification with my passport.
    But when I log in I'm asked to lodge€15 as my account cannot be verified. There is a CHAT facility, but only if you're account is verified.
    No phone numbers are provided. Has anyone any suggestions as to either verify account or get my money back.

Is this thing of having to put in the 3 digits when topping up going to be a permanent fixture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

spegnor87 wrote: »
    I just transferred from my Bank of Ireland account to my Revolut account and it said it'll take one to two working days. This was previously instant, has there been a change recently?
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. If you made the transfer from your bank of ireland account rather than using your Visa Debit Card this would generally take 1 to 2 working days to reach the account. We hope this helps to clarify things further for you.

Thanks jen

• Advertisement

I just transferred from my Bank of Ireland account to my Revolut account and it said it'll take one to two working days. This was previously instant, has there been a change recently?
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. If you made the transfer from your bank of ireland account rather than using your Visa Debit Card this would generally take 1 to 2 working days to reach the account. We hope this helps to clarify things further for you.

Thanks jen
    Hi Jen,

Thanks for your reply. My BOI account has a Visa debit card and this is the account I've always used on Revolut and it was always instantaneous until yesterday?
    Thanks for getting back to us here. If you have used the visa debit card to top up the Revolut account and this is showing as a debit on your Bank of Ireland account it has been processed and we would suggest that you contact Revolut directly as to when this should credit your Revolut account.

If you topped up the Revolut account by making a bank transfer on Banking 365 online from your Bank of Ireland account to the Revolut account this will take one working day to be processed if the transfer is made before the cut offf point 3.30pm. 

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭thebourke

i signed up to revolut but am not getting a text or email for verification..anybody had this issue?

Hi thebourke

Thanks for joining the thread.

As you are posting within the Bank of Ireland forum, if your query relates solely to Revolut, it may be best to post within a separate forum for advice/ assistance.

If it's BOI related, feel free to send query in more detail,

Many thanks,

Alison

Advertisement