Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last Week's Top Five Queries (13.07.2020 - 19.07.2020)

• 20-07-2020 5:40pm
    Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep

1) We have no water and it looks like you were working in the area. Can you please explain?

Please PM us with the following information and a member of our team will certainly look into this for you.

- Your name;
    - Your contact number; &
    - Your full address;

2) My house is connected to the sewage through my neighbour. Do I need to apply for planning permission to have my own sewage connection?

Please click here to view the new connection process. You won't need to re-apply for planning permission.

3) Can you advise what to do about manholes placed by builder in the back garden? Can they be moved?

If you have an Irish Water asset on your site, we would advise that you email the details of your query and the approximate location of our asset to diversions@water.ie. For more information concerning the diversion or alteration of Irish Water assets, please see here.

If these manholes are part of a shared private network, this would be a private matter between yourself and your neighbours.

4) I need to carry out plumbing works in my house. Can I turn off my water supply from the valve located in my meter box on the road?

You can switch your supply off using the outside stop valve located in your meter box.

When accessing your water meter please be aware of your surroundings, your personal safety and the safety of others. The water meter boxes are normally located out of the way of traffic; however, please remain aware of cyclists, pedestrians and other road users.

The meter box can be opened by slowly and carefully prising off the meter lid. You will see small slots located around the edge of the meter lid into which you can insert a safe implement, such as the flat handle of a spoon, to carefully prise off the plastic water meter lid. For further safety information, please click here.

To turn the water off, apply light pressure to the outside stop valve until it clicks and turn it one quarter of a rotation clockwise. To turn the water back on, turn the valve one quarter of a rotation anti-clockwise. 

5) My new connection application was accepted in 2018 but I didn’t know there was a time limit. When I apply again, will I have to wait the full time frame or will ours be processed faster?

Please PM us with the following and a member of our team will be happy to look into this for you.

- Your name;
    - Your contact number; 
    - The address of the application; &
    - Your Irish Water reference number

Advertisement