Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a way to check what a house sold for pre 2010

Options
  • 20-07-2020 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

I believe the property price register only covers properties sold from 2010 on, is there any way to find out what a property sold for prior to that?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I was just about to post the same question! Would love to check up on a house that sold around 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not with any accuracy - local papers might mention it; but many have no archives easily available. Revenue has older data but its not made public.

If it was bought with a mortgage, the mortgage value should be on the folio (even for cleared mortgages) but this doesn't show how much of a deposit there was. A house on my road had a mortgage for £30k registered in 2000 when the house would have been at least £100k at the time (had to look up the folio to figure out who owned it as its gone derelict since).

Advertisement