Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint account fees

Options
  • 20-07-2020 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi

I'm thinking of getting a joint account with my girlfriend. I read that we need to have a €3000 sum in the account at all times to avoid fees. Is this true? If so how much are the fees if we are under the €3000

Thanks
    Sean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Sean, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Yes, this would be correct. If your balance is kept above €3000 for the duration of the quarter you will avoid any additional bank charges. 

I have attached a link here for more information on the fees and charges associated with a Personal Joint Account. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

Hi Sean, 

Yes, this would be correct. If your balance is kept above €3000 for the duration of the quarter you will avoid any additional bank charges. 

I have attached a link here for more information on the fees and charges associated with a Personal Joint Account. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Aisling

Perfect thanks for that!

I did the application form Thursday online so how long does it take to get the account open and then cards in the post?

Thanks
    Sean

Hi Sean, 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Aisling

Perfect thanks for that!

I did the application form Thursday online so how long does it take to get the account open and then cards in the post?

Thanks
    Sean
    Thanks for getting back in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Generally, account applications can take up to 5 working days to open. This would depend on the documents provided, and if our Account Opening Team require further information. 

Please be assured the team will be in touch via email with an update should they need further documentation from you. As these are sent by email, please also keep an eye on your spam/junk folders. 

You will receive your BIC and IBAN by SMS as confirmation of your Account Opening. The cards/PINs will then follow in the post. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

Hi this is a completely different question I originally asked but how to i set up my 365 boi account to send rent to my landlord automatically every month

Thanks
    Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Sean,

Nice to hear from you again.

You can certainly set this up on 365online.com. If you select “money transfer” > “set up a standing order”, you can select the amount that needs to be transferred each month and the date you want it to leave your account.

We hope this information helps. Please don’t hesitate to get back in touch if we can help any further.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ItsGary

Isnt it a bit confusing to post that having 3k in your account avoids all fees when it doesn't?
    The 3k offer only avoids the quarterly €5, it doesn't stop transaction charges which are generally around €15/€20. Maybe you should specify that in your reply rather than claim it avoids all fees.

ItsGary wrote: »
    Isnt it a bit confusing to post that having 3k in your account avoids all fees when it doesn't?
    The 3k offer only avoids the quarterly €5, it doesn't stop transaction  charges which are generally around €15/€20. Maybe you should specify that in your reply rather than claim it avoids all fees.
    Hi There, 

With our No Transactions fee offer, a balance of €3,000 must be maintained throughout the duration of the quarter. If the balance is maintained at €3000, the quarterly €5 maintenance fee will still be applied to the account, but you will not be charged for any transaction fees that took place during the quarter. 

I have attached a link here to more information on our fees and charges.  This particular information can be found on page 6 of the attachment. 

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement