Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring a dynamo.

Options
  • 20-07-2020 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭

Have a dynamo and two lights on the way. I want to put it on the rear of the bike. I know not to simply wire to the rear light as the wire will burn out, but is it possible to wire it to the rear light first, then to the headlight, without burning the rear light out? I want to avoid having two sets of wires along the bike.

I did LC Physics but I got a D3, my knowledge of circuitry is iffy at best!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Use a bigger cable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

What wire are you planning to use? I have a spool from halfords and it is rated at 7amps. I doubt your dynamo will be outputting a whole lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

What wire are you planning to use? I have a spool from halfords and it is rated at 7amps. I doubt your dynamo will be outputting a whole lot

Standard bottle dynamo, 6V I believe. I actually just there’s two of each terminal on the dynamo so I can just wire them individually. Mind fart moment! Thanks anyway

Advertisement