Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a master and a slave plug such as the MSRGMS3-MP by masterplug

Options
  • 20-07-2020 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I'm looking for a device such as the MSRGMS3-MP by masterplug. Here's the link to the Amazon listing. It can't be gotten anywhere AFAIK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masterplug-Indoor-MSRGMS3-MS-Energy-Saving-Adaptor/dp/B004I5BQ3I

g1LNGz1.jpg

Basically it'll allow me to plug in my orbital sander to the master and a shop vac to the slave so that the vac starts when current is drawn from the sander.

Are there any other such plugs that you good folk may know of?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Terminator.

Haven't heard of them

Seems to be similar to a current sensing relay , I have one to bring on a bathroom fan when the shower heaters cut in

They'd be what you'd call a "gadget" with risks attached to their use

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭StephenS147

Haven't heard of them

Seems to be similar to a current sensing relay , I have one to bring on a bathroom fan when the shower heaters cut in

They'd be what you'd call a "gadget" with risks attached to their use

Always a risk with anything electrical. I've found this thing on ebay that has one normal, one master and two slaves with a one meter lead.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130851349804

It has 4.8 stars out of 10 reviews.

The name of it is New Energy Saving Master Slave 4 Way Extension Lead with 1Metre Cable 4 way lead in case the listing url doesn't work.

Edit. The master is only rated up to 500W though so the hunt continues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Terminator.

Ya the hazard is loss of control of a portable appliance

You plug in a portable appliance in and switch it on, the gadget circumvents that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

Have you thought about A floor foot switch with two sockets attached?
    Something similar used for lighting or sewing machines. Check the combined power rating of your tools, you should be able to find a suitable switch or just use one to control the vac and switch the sander with it’s own switch for safety.,

Cerco wrote: »
    Have you thought about A floor foot switch with two sockets attached?
    Something similar used for lighting or sewing machines. Check the combined power rating of your tools, you should be able to find a suitable switch or just use one to control the vac and switch the sander with it’s own switch for safety.,

Thanks for the suggestion but not really what I was after. Would be just as easy to use an extension lead and flick the switch at the wall or the extension if it had one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Most decent wet/dry vacs have this function built in and with a delay so the vacuum runs for a while after you let the sander or saw stop in order to gather dust that is still being produced.
    I have one from Lidl that is over 10 years old with this same function.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Most decent wet/dry vacs have this function built in and with a delay so the vacuum runs for a while after you let the sander or saw stop in order to gather dust that is still being produced.
    I have one from Lidl that is over 10 years old with this same function.

Yes, a power take off. Unfortunately the vac I have doesn't have this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Don't think you're allowed to use these terms anymore, you have to use the terms such as: big boss dominatrix, and subsequent subservient receiver, afaik but not 100% sure.

Advertisement