Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HoneySuckle looking ill

Options
  • 20-07-2020 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi
    My honeysuckle climber is around 2 years old.
    Over the last 2 weeks it has started loosing leaves and flowers and yellowing its gone quite bare in parts but the top looks fine.

Some of the leaves have grey dust on them which from googling suggests mildew on them. So I gave them a spray of 10% milk 90% water after googling homemade remedies. Also watered it a good bit and gave them some chicken poo pellets.

Anything you guys can recommend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have never heard of the milk and water thing, and would be interested to know does it work, it seems unlikely to me, tbh. Anyway I think the feed and water treatment may be more helpful. It is very close to the wall and while honeysuckle is notoriously hardy and easy it may be that having exhausted the pocket of compost that came with it when you planted it, the roots are now hitting concrete, and the dry shadow of the wall. You could try putting a good mulch on it, and keep watering it for the moment.

Advertisement