Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace 10sp 105 Shifter with 11sp?

Options
  • 21-07-2020 7:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Managed to break my 10sp 105 shifter (Shimano ST 5700). Ordered a replacement online and they sent me the 11sp version Shimano ST 7000 (despite ordering the ST 5700). Took an age for it to arrive and I struggled to find the original elsewhere, and would like to get the bike back on the road ASAP.

Can I replace the original with the 11 speed version and just have an empty slot? If not, can I "upgrade" to an 11 speed cassette? (bike is probably due a new cassette and chain soon enough anyway)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

stiofan85 wrote: »
    If not, can I "upgrade" to an 11 speed cassette? (bike is probably due a new cassette and chain soon enough anyway)

thanks
    You'd need an 11 speed derailleur also.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

You'd need an 11 speed derailleur also.

That ends that particular idea so
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

eBay might be your best bet. I bought a 10 speed pair for about €80 last year for a project bike.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,577 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you could stick a wanted at in the cycling adverts subforum here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I have some. I'll send you a pm

• Advertisement
Advertisement