Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin to Belfast train

• 21-07-2020 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Trying to book a ticket for a Dublin to Belfast train this week on Irish rail and it wont allow me to select seat. Is this new or am I missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

No seat reservations due to Covid-19

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭dizzydoll

Fair enough, it's been a few months since I got the train. Strange decision though, would have thought assigned seating would be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

dizzydoll wrote: »
    Fair enough, it's been a few months since I got the train. Strange decision though, would have thought assigned seating would be better.

In the case of the Belfast services you can't be sure if an Irish Rail 22000 or a NIR 3000 railcar will run on any given service so it's impossible to offer you a specific seat on this basis. Sure NIR aren't even set up to offer online seat booking on their trains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭seekers

Why are the late trains being cancelled from 23 November?

seekers wrote: »
    Why are the late trains being cancelled from 23 November?

Because they've carried close to zero passengers of late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭seekers

Because they've carried close to zero passengers of late.

Doesn't look good

seekers wrote: »
    Doesn't look good

The two late trains didn't carry that many anyway so their loss isn't huge. But in the long term the outlook isn't looking good.

Advertisement