Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Else Unhappy with New House After It's Built?

Options
  • 21-07-2020 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

Has anyone built a house and realised a few things just haven't worked for them.

I have a new house built and there are a few rooms I would have made bigger if I knew in hindsight. Our master bedroom finished up too small. It was the architect who kept it this size and said it was plenty big enough. I trusted he knew what he was talking about. But It hasnt worked out and we have had to turn bed as an outcome in the oppositie direction to the window which is not what we wanted. This window has great views but now the room is missing this as we arent facing the window with the views that's what we wanted.

Has anyone done an extension to a new build and if so how long after the house was built? I would approach a different and more appropriate architect in time and make bedroom bigger for me and my partner.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

thread title changed.

Advertisement