Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrade our heating controls

• 21-07-2020 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We built onto my wives childhood home in 2005 and at that point all that was done really were extra rads added, no zones, no stats on the rads etc.

We've decided to save energy, money in the long run and to get heat to the areas of the house that need it most, we need to get our controls and system upgraded.

We have an insert stove with a back boiler, an oil heating system and the immersion of course.

I'm new to all this so looking for advice and ideas.

Would we need a 3 zone system with

Upstairs
    Downstairs
    Hot Water

Also could we a add a smart stat like a nest to it or would that be needed at all.

I'd like to have the option of turning on the oil if we are away and i want hot water or the whole house heated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭CaptainCoPilot

Have a look into Honeywell Evohome, might be the best solution for you as you only have a single zone.

You put a "smart" radiator valve on each radiator, which basically makes each room a zone. Its controlled by a small tablet device and you can access it from your phone remotely.

Its a little bit on the pricey side but would definitely be cheaper than re-piping the system, depending on how its already been plumbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Have a look into Honeywell Evohome, might be the best solution for you as you only have a single zone.

You put a "smart" radiator valve on each radiator, which basically makes each room a zone. Its controlled by a small tablet device and you can access it from your phone remotely.

Its a little bit on the pricey side but would definitely be cheaper than re-piping the system, depending on how its already been plumbed.

Thanks for that, the idea of no re-piping sounds great. I like the look of the system as well.

Advertisement