Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bathroom renovated, some issues

• 21-07-2020 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭

I have my main bathroom renovated recently and I've had a few issues. The main one seems to be the floor is very unlevel, seems to slope quite a bit to one side. Other problem is I got a large, low profile tray which was leaking. I spoke to the builder about this and he sealed it with silicone as a temporary fix but said he will take off bottom layer of tiles and redo the aquaseal. I don't think he can fix it that way long term. Also be cause the floor and try aren't level there is some water pooling in the corner of the tray, doesn't drain fully.

His own plumber agreed with me and said the floor was very off and that I need to say it to the main builder as it was him that did the floor and tray, not the plumber. Plumber said don't tell him that he agreed floor was off. Trying to get in touch again wilth builder but he tells me now he has covid and is in hospital, last time he was at the house was a week or so ago.

Feel a bit stupid as I paid him in full already and it was a cash job. The floor and tray and enclosure will need to be redone as far as I can tell. Do I have any legal recourse here? Don't want to go down that route but he seems reluctant to want to do the proper fix of redoing the floor and tray completely.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Toby22

Hi, I am in the same process and plumber friend doing it for me. Original floor was in bits, older house with joists etc, he pulled up boards, replaced some joists and laid marine ply to ensure perfect flat surface. He is obsessive about straight lines and level floors, any dip can cause a leak according to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Toby22

Also probably have a similar tray, long and no lip. Floor and shower walls tanked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

While not ideal, can you rotate the tray so the drain is in the low area?

Advertisement