Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do my earphones keep breaking down?

Options
  • 21-07-2020 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Anytime I buy earphones they only last a few months. Usually one of the ears just stops working then very quickly the whole thing breaks. I like the earbuds not the bigger ones. I had Bluetooth ones which were good but I got a Huawei phone last year and can't get them to connect. I was thinking is it because sometimes I stick them in my pocket and damaging the wiring by wrapping them up.

Comments

The wires could very well be getting damaged from scrunching them up. Have you looked at the neckband style in ears? It might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

The wires could very well be getting damaged from scrunching them up. Have you looked at the neckband style in ears? It might help.
    Cheers. Maybe thats what I need. I haven't looked at them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

When it comes to in-ear and earbuds, no matter how much they cost, they will break eventually.

Being careful with them as has been said will help them to last longer. Never wind them up, or yank them out of a device. Grip the jack when pulling them out. I have many pairs and I solder them back to life with new cables or just repair the original one, which isn't particularly easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

The ones with flat cables last longer,
    Maybe carry a small pouch or case to put them
    in when not in use.
    Usually the jack wears out or you end up with
    One earbud not working

Advertisement