Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi Iam selling an item and the buyer is paying with bank transfer. What details will

Options
  • 21-07-2020 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi Iam selling an item and the buyer (in Ireland) is paying with bank transfer. What details will they need from me to complete the transaction? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Twitter. 

Generally, in order for a bank transfer to take place, the sender will need the beneficiary's BIC and IBAN. This information will be used to add the beneficiary as a payee on their online banking. 

I hope this helps, 

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Be careful as these can take 5 days to clear.

If it's for a car and they have given full price without even looking then it's a scam....

Just be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pummice

Thanks for quick reply, Ashling. If they ask for my name should I provide it?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

pummice wrote: »
    For an online bank transfer, a name is not needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

pummice wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to ourselves here on Boards.ie. 

This would be entirely up to yourself. They will need to name the payee in which they are making the transfer to. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Advertisement
Advertisement