Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M43 to Fuji X100F

• 21-07-2020 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have been thinking recently about changing systems from Olympus O-MD10 mark ii to a Fujifilm X100F.

Outside of the 14-42 kit lens I have a 40-150mm zoom and 2 primes of 25mm and 45mm. In practice I rarely, if ever, use the kit lens or the longer zoom and tend to stick with both primes. Image quality is far nicer on the primes.

Interests tend towards "street photography", so people, towns/cities including landscape shots etc. mostly at night. I also like to bring my camera to gigs and events.
    No major interest in sports or wildlife photography so no need for long lens or anything.

I can see that the x100f is more restrictive in a way but I always tend to shoot with primes anyway which are not miles off the range of the x100f (if you include the range extenders).

Alternative is to get a few more primes in M43 world. The issue there is cost. Wider primes like the 12mm or 17mm are fairly expensive and a longer prime like the 75mm is even more so. If I sold my current kit I could get a second hand x100f for a small bit more I think.

What do you think? Is this a good idea? Does anyone have any experience of the x100f compared to other systems they have used?

Advertisement