Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse injured in cruelty incident

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Pkiernan wrote: »
    What a hell hole.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/1154730/

Setting horses on fire. Ffs.

Think of all the tax payers moneys that goes into this kip.

Is everyone in Darndale setting fire to horses?

And how much taxpayers' money is going in to the place?

Someone please fix this forum.

Don't worry about the kind of person that does this. The Gardai and judiciary don't mess around with this kind of stuff. He'll get a severe slap on the wrist if he does it again, you can be sure of it. And if he does it, and gets caught, another 126 times, he'll definitely see the inside of a prison. Maybe even for a full day!

That'll teach him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

They need to learn that shopkeepers arnt badguys that need to be robbed, the police arnt bad guys who take our taxes to arrest us and the world doesnt owe them a living.
    Education could be a thing that doesnt seem to be tried there. They dont teach how tax and law and reasons for rules happen. They dont understand that if the system broke down tomorrow, which they seem to want there would be no welfare, no medicine, no week long parties.
    They arnt educated how to even set up a legal business or even the benefits of working In a civil service or reliable job. Piles of them enter into the hand black market work and some of them enter Dodgey jobs and crime.
    Crop dusting is the easy option but long term it will lead to crop dusting anybody that isn't perfect or privileged.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Pkiernan wrote: »
    What a hell hole.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/1154730/

Setting horses on fire. Ffs.

Think of all the tax payers moneys that goes into this kip.

My opinion is that the people who did this to the horse should be treated in the same way, burnt. I hate any ¢unt who's cruel to animals.

Saying that I don't live in darndale, but I know people who live there, people I work with and I've friends there too. But I wonder should a whole area have to take the blame for what a few scumbags are doing. So your thread might been better served with. The scumbags that burnt the horse should be burnt has punishment instead of the named post above. If your angry over this it should be with the fu¢kers that did it, not all people who have to live there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

It's never enough to be outraged at a disgusting act of animal cruelty. There always has to be a massive hateful generalisation about a place, a class or a group of people too. Never mind all the decent people who live there.

Kylta wrote: »
    My opinion is that the people who did this to the horse should be treated in the same way, burnt. I hate any ¢unt who's cruel to animals.

Saying that I don't live in darndale, but I know people who live there, people I work with and I've friends there too. But I wonder should a whole area have to take the blame for what a few scumbags are doing. So your thread might been better served with. The scumbags that burnt the horse should be burnt has punishment instead of the named post above. If your over this it should be with the fu¢kers that did it, the all who have to live there.

The main lads that seem to be leading the gang that done this are from a family of drug addicts, raised by drug addicts raised by drug addicts, mental illness probably in 50 per cent of the families, nobody gives a **** until one of them burns a horse. They have to nip those stuff in the bud. Cant just go burning people when society let's them down. Probably had 20 times where social services could intervene, probably didnt bother because their mental family threatened somebody and nobody wanted the hassle.

The main lads that seem to be leading the gang that done this are from a family of drug addicts, raised by drug addicts raised by drug addicts, mental illness probably in 50 per cent of the families, nobody gives a shot until one of them burns a horse. They have to nip those stuff in the bud. Cant just go burning people when society let's them down. Probably had 20 times where social services could intervene, probably didnt bother because their mental family threatened somebody and nobody wanted the hassle.

Thats one or more than one family. But should a whole area be condemned for what a bunch of scumbags have done. There is good and bad in every area, but sometimes when certain areas are mentioned in the media it gives the assumption that the whole area is full of scumbags. I wonder if the poor horse was burnted in castleknock who people be quick to say castleknock is full of scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The poor horse.

Don't believe it.

DSPCA in particular have form for making outlandish claims, very similar to this, that were later disproven.

The law of parsimony, Occam's Razor, is a good law. Simple explanations should be preferred. The simple explanation here is of an accident.

• Advertisement

Thats one or more than one family. But should a whole area be condemned for what a bunch of scumbags have done. There is good and bad in every area, but sometimes when certain areas are mentioned in the media it gives the assumption that the whole area is full of scumbags. I wonder if the poor horse was burnted in castleknock who people be quick to say castleknock is full of scumbags

It was part of a gang fight that's going on in the area, from what I'm hearing,older fellas on one side weren't any way decent but the younger gang seem to have no morals. We were thought at that age with the horse schemes and that to be somewhat respectable to them, I dont think they have them anymore, younger fellas seem to have scrambles dont know dont live there anymore. Live amongst a pile of new Irish who seem to have more respect for the country than these families.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

So sad. poor horse :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

If your angry over this it should be with the fu¢kers that did it, not all people who have to live there.

I'd say he's just angry, generally. This incident is just an excuse to express that anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

They need to learn that shopkeepers arnt badguys that need to be robbed, the police arnt bad guys who take our taxes to arrest us and the world doesnt owe them a living.
    Education could be a thing that doesnt seem to be tried there. They dont teach how tax and law and reasons for rules happen. They dont understand that if the system broke down tomorrow, which they seem to want there would be no welfare, no medicine, no week long parties.
    They arnt educated how to even set up a legal business or even the benefits of working In a civil service or reliable job. Piles of them enter into the hand black market work and some of them enter Dodgey jobs and crime.
    Crop dusting is the easy option but long term it will lead to crop dusting anybody that isn't perfect or privileged.

Lived there have you, used the same educational system?

One scumbag does something scumbaggy and however many people live in the same area get tarred with the same brush! If you are that offended get off boards and do something about it!

I've lived in Finglas and Ballymun all my life somewhere very like Darndale in it's own way, filled with good people who get deamonised as a whole when some prick decides to do something nasty and some other prick decides everyone who lives there should be steralised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Heather Humphreys will pass a letter on the owners behalf no doubt. Animal cruelty is okay with her it would seem.

mikeym wrote: »
    The poor horse.

Hopefully they can save the horse,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

be good to keep an eye on whatever jeffrey dahmer wannabe did this, guaranteed he'll move on to long pig sooner or later.

One scumbag does something scumbaggy and however many people live in the same area get tarred with the same brush! If you are that offended get off boards and do something about it!

I've lived in Finglas and Ballymun all my life somewhere very like Darndale in it's own way, filled with good people who get deamonised as a whole when some prick decides to do something nasty and some other prick decides everyone who lives there should be steralised!

And yet you are too banjaxed to realise I'm the one arguing for people from there not to be crop dusted. You should blame your schooling or the op not the fella explaining why you are the way you are.

And yet you are too banjaxed to realise I'm the one arguing for people from there not to be crop dusted. You should blame your schooling or the op not the fella explaining why you are the way you are.

Actually I was poking fun at your grammar, should have edited it better! The rest was aimed at the 'can't find my pitchfork brigade'

Actually I was poking fun at your grammar, should have edited it better!

Luckily I didnt need grammar in my line of work, my education in darndale didnt give me great grammar. I do better than most though, look at the gangland thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Actually I was poking fun at your grammar, should have edited it better! The rest was aimed at the 'can't find my pitchfork brigade'
    Luckily I didnt need grammar in my line of work, my education in darndale didnt give me great grammar. I do better than most though, look at the gangland thread.

Cut it out, or you'll get detention. This is not grammar school.

I actually think the media is responsible for demonising certain areas with a lot of the crap it publishes to sell their rags. I've friends who live in the mullingar and a few years back. I was working on a job in ballymun for a week. They were only short of lighting candles for my safety. Now how would you think they got that idea that ballymun was the wild west. The media. The media give the headlines no go areas, lawlessness etc. I think when people actually visit these so called kips they realise that the majority's of the people who live there are actually genuine people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

No amount of education is going to prevent someone from burning a living thing alive.

That’s an inherent ****ing evil.

Luckily I didn't need grammar in my line of work, my education in Darndale didn't give me great grammar. I do better than most though, look at the gangland thread.

:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

As someone whose money goes on keeping a horse in a safe and kind environment, this drives me nuts.
    Horses legally have to be chipped, have a passport and be registered to a solid faculty ,this isn’t good enough..

Collie D wrote: »
    No amount of education is going to prevent someone from burning a living thing alive.

That’s an inherent ****ing evil.

No argument there, my issue is with the fact that the area was picked up on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

.anon. wrote: »
    It's never enough to be outraged at a disgusting act of animal cruelty. There always has to be a massive hateful generalisation about a place, a class or a group of people too. Never mind all the decent people who live there.

Some of the vermin coming out of Darndale these days is incredible though. There are plenty of good law abiding folks in there who should be resettled and nuke whats left of the kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The urban horses live a miserable existence and many die of neglect and cruelty. It is a skanger thing and very evident in certain areas.

Charities like My Lovely Horse Rescue brave dangerous personal situations and put the animals first. I have a huge respect for these volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Now how would you think they got that idea that ballymun was the wild west.

WALL_ART_EVERYDAY_LIFE_9528.jpg
    See https://www.offthewallirishphotos.com/everyday-life-in-ireland for more interesting photos.

Ballymun literally was 'the wild west' at times; well known for its horses. It's quite a bit better these days thanks in part to a lot of regeneration work that has gone on.

This idea that there aren't severely disadvantaged areas with significant levels of crime and antisocial behaviour is clearly nonsense; as is the idea that every single person who lives in these areas is automatically a criminal.

I suspect that even quite a few of the 'criminal' sort would also not take very kindly to someone setting a horse on fire. Disgusting behaviour.

• Advertisement

As someone whose money goes on keeping a horse in a safe and kind environment, this drives me nuts.
    Horses legally have to be chipped, have a passport and be registered to a solid faculty ,this isn’t good enough..

The education system in darndale teaches us that we can be anything we want to be, without teaching us how, some of us have parents that tell us we cant have stuff we cant afford but some have parents who say **** it why should me my granny and my kids be poor, you see kids on scramblers or horses or wearing them apple earphones or jackets because that's what is advertised to them, nobody advertises hard work or getting a civil service job or anything other than getting something shiny.
    There are horse burners in every part of society but a fella who was born in that deserves a bit of understanding rather than a fella who was offered everything and stabbed a slow girl and threw her stuff In a reservoir but who will get the most flak?

Advertisement