Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P30 - Water damage help!

• 21-07-2020 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Huawei p30 got water damaged 4 weeks ago and would not turn on or charge. I've dried it out since I have been able to get the phone to charge + turn on. The only problem I am seeming to have is the screen will stay on for a couple of minutes and then go black. Is there anything I can do ? Can it be fixed ? Or is it time to move on. When I can get the screen on it seems to be working perfectly
    Thanks in advance for any assistance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

There is no way to know without opening it up. It cold be an easy fix, i.e needs just a clean, or more likely it has short-circuited and permanent damage has been done where you'd have to replace the screen, or the motherboard, or both. And other parts like the speaker/camera could be irreversibly damaged as well.

Leaving it for 4 weeks was not a good idea. When a phone has been water damaged it's best to leave it turned off as power flowing through it when there is corrosion on the circuit board will make matters worse.

All you can do it take it to a repair shop and see what they say after they take a look at it from the inside.

Advertisement