Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MTV uk channels closure

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,545 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Their time is done really, with Youtube you can have a playlist with music you like with no need to watch rubbish inbetween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Now 70s and Now 80s seems to be hanging in there as background jukebox stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Noticed it's getting very compact in the music line up, will miss them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Their time is done really, with Youtube you can have a playlist with music you like with no need to watch rubbish inbetween.

I completely agree they have had their day. I just didn't expect them to go first. Will miss MTV Rocks.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Now 70s and Now 80s seems to be hanging in there as background jukebox stations.

And long may that continue. I miss the 80s and it's great having it on in the background while reading etc

I've yet to find a YouTube/Spotify mix that has the same variety as channels like these, and I don't have the time/patience to build my own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭omerin

So when will Sky be discounting their packages?

omerin wrote: »
    So when will Sky be discounting their packages?

They won't. Sure didn't they launch 3 new channels a few weeks ago?

Sky's prices only go one way unfortunately. It's why I cancelled years ago. That and streaming meant that I rarely watch anything more than the news or a football match live anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I used to flick through the music channels back in the day, they always seemed to have ads on the same time :D

I wont miss the music channels.

Spotify is on the Sky Q box so thats a good alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bronkobilly

now 70 s 80 s 90 s and clubland good music channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    And long may that continue. I miss the 80s and it's great having it on in the background while reading etc

I've yet to find a YouTube/Spotify mix that has the same variety as channels like these, and I don't have the time/patience to build my own.

Seems like you didn't even try. You can go into Spotify and search "80's" and see tons of playlists playing the same if not more then the TV station would.

• Advertisement

Seems like you didn't even try. You can go into Spotify and search "80's" and see tons of playlists playing the same if not more then the TV station would.

I've seen those alright but still doesn't seem as good to me to be honest. Maybe I just like the videos and countdowns (I remember Sky Trax and Pat Sharp back in the day).

Spotify has it's place but I think it would be a shame to see FTA music channels disappear from the platform entirely.

Advertisement