Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning Biker - FZR 250 3LN

Options
  • 21-07-2020 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Folks

Returning biker here. I have come across a garage find of an FZR 250. Bike is in reasonable nick only thing is the front wheel took a bang a good few years ago, it was welded but wouldnt hold pressure over time. the owner then decided to park it up.

I've taken it on as a bit of a project and I've tried sourcing a wheel for it without luck. anyone have one of these they are breaking for parts?

Things have moved on though technology with regards to repairs so I'm wondering about getting the front wheel redone. whats peoples thoughts on doing this? Any recommendations on a good place to restore alloys? or is it too risky?

Parts seem very hard to find. so any advice welcome!
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭H_Lime

I'd say I have one. By I I mean a friends one along with other fzr250 bits he put in my garage prior to emigrating. Could be an engine and fairing too.
    If I can get hold of him I could ask him what he wants for the bits?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rahyvin

H_Lime wrote: »
    I'd say I have one. By I I mean a friends one along with other fzr250 bits he put in my garage prior to emigrating. Could be an engine and fairing too.
    If I can get hold of him I could ask him what he wants for the bits?

That would be great. Wheel ID # is f-44. let me know what other bits are there. I may take them off your hands.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Check the forks,yokes , wheel alignment etc...it takes a good knock to break a wheel...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rahyvin

Check the forks,yokes , wheel alignment etc...it takes a good knock to break a wheel...;)

thanks. Checked. looks good. tracks ok.

Advertisement