Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHL Custom Charges collection Pandemic

Options
  • 22-07-2020 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Has anyone received goods from outside the EU with DHL, have they been collecting custom and duties via the driver?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Snotty wrote: »
    Has anyone received goods from outside the EU with DHL, have they been collecting custom and duties via the driver?

What would the pandemic have to do with collection of vat and duty?

Yes they do collect it and you can pay online too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Darc19 wrote: »
    What would the pandemic have to do with collection of vat and duty?

Other companies are only collecting online or via phone, the driver isn't taking cash, hence why I asked.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

UPS and An Post are collecting cash. UPS will offer the option of doing it over the phone once they have attempted delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Anpost even at my their Limerick City depot are only accepting cash for Customs and handling charges.
    DHL at least send on an advisory text and offer a means of paying the charges online before delivery.
    UPS Drivers are collecting cash but they do at least offer the option of paying by phone too if the driver is so inclined. If not, it's a "failed" delivery and will be redelivered when payment is made.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Customs actually sent me an email recently advising the charges to be collected on a shipment from the US. I would say it was because it was sent via AddressPal, they had my contact details on it already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement