Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defund RTE

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭cyllyn28

What sort of alternative views would you like to have aired?

That George Soros....is polluting the minds of conservative rural women...causing them to use the law to kick out their fat conservative husbands, who have provided for them well, through bucket and shovel jobs, the council awards to the suitably conservative.

The George Soros state, wants to separate conservative men, from conservative women..both of whom, deliberately become fat and ugly, as demonstrations, that they will not have attractiveness surplus to needs of reproducing Irish conservatives. RTE is basically a village of subsidised Irish farms, where the conservative farmers milk the radio and televisual airwaves like they farmers of cows milk cattle.........No one is watching this crap anymore, except the fat swelled conservative balloons, on their conservative grift, whether it be something to do with subsidised farming or subsidiesd civil engineering.....or subsidised radio and televisual broadcasts.

I'm not suggesting a revolution ....A friend who works in the Irish health service, whose job it is to help women get pregnant, they spend most of their time, and VHI money, trying to get conservative women, too fat to get pregnant, pregnant....They're not allowed tell them, that their conservative "respectability" fat, unless lost, make the procedures expensive wastes.....

It's not all doom and gloom....My doctor friend (who is a migrant), estimates the Irish conservative population will enter a terminal decline by 2025...that by 2030, if they haven't been able to change their conservative way of life (eating themselves into infertility and early death), we'll (me and my friends), will be able to takeover....Have the kind of country and seaside, weekend retreats, we deserve....instead of having to be servants to fat, worthless, conservative blobs, of the conservative worthlessness, we find ourselves in now..........Jobs at RTE?....We'll find jobs for those people...the kind of jobs, their kind, truly, richly, and justly....deserve....Conservative "cock of the walk" types, are only ever productive when the whip hand is held over them.....They are excellent at menial tasks, as long as they are sufficiently deprived of means to rise above their station in nature's hierarchy, where you have seen, they only cause trouble, when they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

you should be able to opt out of the TV license.

I get that there are broad casting services required. That should come directly from taxes and not through a licence fee.
    I haven't watched RTE or any other TV channel in 18 months. Because I have a TV i need to pay the license, TV that is used only for netflix, Prime and youtube.

If broadcasting is a social tax, then make it that. I don't mind paying a social tax if it's required, but a license is the same as road tax. It is disproportionate on working class.
    Also sending an inspector to the house. Seriously???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

What is a "conservative" woman?

I have a wife, female relations, and a few female friends.

I have never heard any of them described as a "conservative woman".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Nabber wrote: »
    you should be able to opt out of the TV license.

I get that there are broad casting services required. That should come directly from taxes and not through a licence fee.
    I haven't watched RTE or any other TV channel in 18 months. Because I have a TV i need to pay the license, TV that is used only for netflix, Prime and youtube.

If broadcasting is a social tax, then make it that. I don't mind paying a social tax if it's required, but a license is the same as road tax. It is disproportionate on working class.
    Also sending an inspector to the house. Seriously???

1. There's no such thing as "road" tax.

2. Yes, there is a very large problem with tying the TV licence to owning a tele. This needs to be seriously revised and I don't mean in the way the FG/FF/Labour suggest, where it gets expanded out to include phones and laptops. As far as I know, the licence idea came from Britain in the early 20th century and was more to do with owning and using wireless transmitters responsibly. You needed a licence to be able to broadcast, and if you used it wrong, you could have that licence revoked. A TV is not a broadcasting device. It's a receiver. But nobody ever puts that forward when debates about the licence come up. If the powers that be want to tie the licence to RTE, even as it stands, then fair enough. People can then decide whether they actually want RTE or not and therefore whether they pay a fee towards it. But it shouldn't be and extra cost simply because you own a private piece of entertainment equipment. The concept is outdated and ridiculous.

Good luck getting any of the usual parties to get on board with that one though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

cyllyn28 wrote: »
    That George Soros....is polluting the minds of conservative rural women...causing them to use the law to kick out their fat conservative husbands, who have provided for them well, through bucket and shovel jobs, the council awards to the suitably conservative.

The George Soros state, wants to separate conservative men, from conservative women..both of whom, deliberately become fat and ugly, as demonstrations, that they will not have attractiveness surplus to needs of reproducing Irish conservatives. RTE is basically a village of subsidised Irish farms, where the conservative farmers milk the radio and televisual airwaves like they farmers of cows milk cattle.........No one is watching this crap anymore, except the fat swelled conservative balloons, on their conservative grift, whether it be something to do with subsidised farming or subsidiesd civil engineering.....or subsidised radio and televisual broadcasts.

I'm not suggesting a revolution ....A friend who works in the Irish health service, whose job it is to help women get pregnant, they spend most of their time, and VHI money, trying to get conservative women, too fat to get pregnant, pregnant....They're not allowed tell them, that their conservative "respectability" fat, unless lost, make the procedures expensive wastes.....

It's not all doom and gloom....My doctor friend (who is a migrant), estimates the Irish conservative population will enter a terminal decline by 2025...that by 2030, if they haven't been able to change their conservative way of life (eating themselves into infertility and early death), we'll (me and my friends), will be able to takeover....Have the kind of country and seaside, weekend retreats, we deserve....instead of having to be servants to fat, worthless, conservative blobs, of the conservative worthlessness, we find ourselves in now..........Jobs at RTE?....We'll find jobs for those people...the kind of jobs, their kind, truly, richly, and justly....deserve....Conservative "cock of the walk" types, are only ever productive when the whip hand is held over them.....They are excellent at menial tasks, as long as they are sufficiently deprived of means to rise above their station in nature's hierarchy, where you have seen, they only cause trouble, when they do.

I bet you consider the woman on the right of the picture to an "Irish conservative"
    It is the year 2020, and you lot still haven't gone extinct.
    2929017.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭DrSerious3

cyllyn28 wrote: »

Are you not banned from this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Jesus, I never watch de telly never mind RTE, but I've been stuck in a place with RTE news on the TV,. Its diabolical. Totally jaded, you can see everyone's just going through the motions the only one in the last two hours with a bit of vim rather than just a script is Michael Martin, that says it all

How much are we paying for this lot?

Advertisement