Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XX-26,644 in ROI (1,772 deaths) 6,064 in NI (556 deaths) (08/08)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paddygreen wrote: »
    Guys, looking at the R numbers today made me truly terrified. I haven’t been this scared since the first week of the lockdown. My fear level has gone from six to eight and a half on a scale of ten. I am dreading the next update and petrified that the second wave is around the corner. God help us all.

What is the R currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

cnocbui wrote: »
    If Australia couldn't avoid a second wave, there's absolutely no chance Ireland will.

I disagree - next time we will react swifter and localized.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What is the R currently?
    Circa 1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

20 cases, 0 deaths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Allinall wrote: »
    Rather childish reason for not following guidelines.

You either think they’re the right policy or not.

It matters not a whit what the decision makers ar paid.

Well, it shows what sort of inept and useless policitians we have making decisions. So many inconsistent and hypocritical decisions, not based on our data which has been at full-reopening levels of low for over two months.

Cases right back down again this week, 20 a day is a good average to have

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

wadacrack wrote: »

Not too bad thankfully

Cases quite stable this week

Still not making sense to me that it's 16 positive tests in 24 hours but 20 cases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

0 deaths and 20 cases.

Ah here, another low day.

• Advertisement

Analysis of cases as of midnight Wednesday 22nd July - 25,825 cases (+6)

Healthcare Workers +3
    Clusters +38
    Cases associated with clusters +57

Age Range Affected
    0-4 No Change
    5-14 No Change
    15-24 +1
    25-34 +2
    35-44 +1
    45-54 +1
    55-64 No Change
    65-74 +2
    75-84 No Change
    85+ +1

Cases by County
    Cork -1
    Dublin +2
    Kildare +3
    Mayo +1
    Meath +1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Always_Running

20 cases, 0 deaths
    7 day average is down to 17 cases a day now. This day last week it was 22 cases per day average.

Funny different ways of looking at things

On Corona Virus updates Ireland some posters are 20 cases is very low, some saying very high whilst others are scared

It's still hard to register in my brain how the scale of things have changed over the past month or two. We used to be happy with less than 400 per day and now if we cross 30 it's chaos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

So basically it's been stable for months at this stage with just a couple of clusters skewing figures last week? I'll take that

Think some people genuinely expected it to get down to 0 cases by this stage

El Sueño wrote: »
    So basically it's been stable for months at this stage with just a couple of clusters skewing figures last week? I'll take that

That and the unexplained backlog of cases

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Abd they are still frightening people with the threat of a second wave

• Registered Users Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Third construction site in Dublin shut down following positive Covid-19 case https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40021697.html

heard the first two had a connection, oh yes Glynn said that yesterday https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/second-construction-site-in-dublin-shuts-for-deep-cleaning-39393458.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

5 in icu in the country? Landfills full of masks, gloves, gowns etc.

• Advertisement

Third construction site in Dublin shut down following positive Covid-19 case https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40021697.html

heard the first two had a connection
    I'd say that one is connected too, it's a sub-contractor who tested positive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Another day off for Brainie2

Looking forward to the day we give you your pink slip, as I'm sure are you :)

Citizen aka The Stat Brain: what are the week on week averages for the last 8 weeks?

This week felt like a good one overall

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    That and the unexplained backlog of cases
    There's been 27 positive tests last 48 hours and 27 reported cases so they're actually bang on

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Another day off for Brainie2

Looking forward to the day we give you your pink slip, as I'm sure are you :)

Citizen aka The Stat Brain: what are the week on week averages for the last 8 weeks?

This week felt like a good one overall
    i actually do not keep track of weekly figures to be honest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Gael23 wrote: »
    Abd they are still frightening people with the threat of a second wave

Who's they exactly ? As far as I'm aware there is a belief a second wave my come but the severity is dependent on how countries.

5 in icu in the country? Landfills full of masks, gloves, gowns etc.

Landfills ? Yo do realise that masks, gloves, and gowns were being used in hospitals prior to covid-19 and they won't go to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Whitters22

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Who's they exactly ? As far as I'm aware there is a belief a second wave my come but the severity is dependent on how countries.

I believe Ingrid Miley said on the news yesterday that the threat of a second wave is dangling over us like the 'Sword of Damocles'.

There's been 27 positive tests last 48 hours and 27 reported cases so they're actually bang on

That's good that it tallies but I'm still confused about this part
    According to RTE news: “Over the past 14 days, 272 cases have been notified, of which 183 have actually arisen during that period, giving a 14-day-incidence of 3.84 per 100,000 of the population.”

Where did the 89 other cases come from?

That 89 cases has definitely skewed the figures and is a large variance

That's what I was calling the backlog

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    That's good that it tallies but I'm still confused about this part

That 89 cases has definitely skewed the figures and is a large variance
    Yeah so far this week the cases all add up in terms of positive tests & confirmed cases its just theyre not reporting them same day

• Advertisement

Whitters22 wrote: »
    I believe Ingrid Miley said on the news yesterday that the threat of a second wave is dangling over us like the 'Sword of Damocles'.

The swords of Damocles ? Jesus could RTÉ tone down the panic a bit ? What's the angle from ingird miley ? I knows she the industry and employment correspondent but still lets cool the jets. It's Friday. The average cases are down again after a look over the parapet. Let's all relax just a bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement