Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XX-26,644 in ROI (1,772 deaths) 6,064 in NI (556 deaths) (08/08)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

KaneToad wrote: »
    Pre Covid I would habitually have a window open in my non air-con office to minimise colds/flus. Most of my colleagues are of the opinion that you catch a cold from the cold air. Similar to those who believe you catch a cold from having wet hair or sitting in a draught. Hopefully this pandemic will have opened their eyes to how all coronavirus spreads.

I honestly don't think it will.
    The things you state above about how some believe colds and 'flu are transmitted are so deeply ingrained in a lot of people's heads that you'll still hear people saying "close the door/window there's a draught I'll get a dose"
    Ignorance is bliss I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

YFlyer wrote: »
    We are thick.

Maybe you're thick that doesn't mean most or all Irish people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Lyle wrote: »
    What're the details of the "private testers"?

We'd been told a 15,000 tests per day capacity had been accomplished a good while ago now, and they're doing c.4500 tests a day the past day or two. Did they not have any provisions in place to quickly re-allocate resources to specific locations in the event of outbreaks like this, so now they're paying for private industry to run the tests even though we supposedly have 10,000 tests a day capacity spare above current testing levels?

They never reached 15,000 that was just theory, but I assume at that number fritz was doing about 40% of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Examiner reporting that 86000 android users have deleted the Covid tracker app!! Still 1,575,740 downloads showing on the app.. that’s very impressive still minus the 86000

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

So it seem that Carroll meats factory workers are still continuing to work while awaiting test results. Test results also seem to coming back later than the HSE are indication. The 2nd Waterford League of Ireland player to wait a few days. Test and Tracing is effectively useless if their is a over a 48 hour lag in results according to many experts in the scientific community. Worrying. The lack of planing around schools and how to avoid clusters in these settings dosent seem to be a discussion either. Masks will only mitigate some risk. Id worry how kids will develop socially in schools wearing masks and distancing. This could have huge mental health ramifications down the line. The lack of connection and social skills.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Santy2015 wrote: »
    Examiner reporting that 86000 android users have deleted the Covid tracker app!! Still 1,575,740 downloads showing on the app.. that’s very impressive still minus the 86000

I do t think the app takes into account the people who deleted the app. If someone downloaded it, registered and then deleted it, they’d still be counted as a registration.

I do t think the app takes into account the people who deleted the app. If someone downloaded it, registered and then deleted it, they’d still be counted as a registration.

Had to delete it off my phone, my battery nearly **** the bed. I was almost going to replace it when I heard the story. I'll redownload it once they wrinkle out that error though.

Had to delete it off my phone, my battery nearly **** the bed. I was almost going to replace it when I heard the story. I'll redownload it once they wrinkle out that error though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I had to delete it and reinstall it due to an issue with Google play services yesterday. Lots of people were affected and may have done the same.

LiquidZeb wrote: »

As far as I remember they showed on a graph if people had deleted. You could either see a downward, plateau or decrease in the amount of downloads. Before it was updated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭political analyst

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Stopped reading after seeing the headline.

"Swedish doctor’s perspective".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

He starts it with....I want to preface this article by stating that it is entirely anecdotal and based on my experience working as a doctor in the emergency room of one of the big hospitals in Stockholm, Sweden, and of living as a citizen in Sweden

So it is just her opinion and no proof or facts.
    Think i might have seen that story posted before..........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Sconsey

One doctor blogs some anecdotal experience, interesting read but hardly proof. I'd wait for something more science-backed before declaring 'proof'.

She starts it with....I want to preface this article by stating that it is entirely anecdotal and based on my experience working as a doctor in the emergency room of one of the big hospitals in Stockholm, Sweden, and of living as a citizen in Sweden

She?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Have you not posted this already?

Have you not already posted this today?

Have you not already posted this today?

petes wrote: »
    Have you not posted this already?

I can't go back to my original posting of it because of a 503 error. Honestly, why does it happen on boards.ie so often?! :(

I can't go back to my original posting of it because of a 503 error. Honestly, why does it happen on boards.ie so often?! :(

My post just triplicated there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Who is recovering from death is what I want to know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Apparently they've been counting people who recovered weeks prior as dead in the figures

Patients that had it recovered but then died at a later date

• Registered Users Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Yea I've met a couple of people that have

What's this nonsense about downplaying the seriousness of the virus!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Yeah heaven forbid a bit of good news from a DOCTOR, someone that would know a lot more than the fat neckbeards loving this lockdown cos they never go out socializing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

She starts it with....I want to preface this article by stating that it is entirely anecdotal and based on my experience working as a doctor in the emergency room of one of the big hospitals in Stockholm, Sweden, and of living as a citizen in Sweden

Yeah heaven forbid a bit of good news from a DOCTOR, someone that would know a lot more than the fat neckbeards loving this lockdown cos they never go out socializing anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Wanderer78 wrote: »

There was no malice in his post so get off your high horse there

Wanderer78 wrote: »

To be fair to the brits, someone who had COVID 3 months ago, made a full recovery, and then got hit by a bus last week, is counted as a COVID death. And that’s clearly not a meaningful statistic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Dr Sebastian Rushworth's article SPECULATES THAT Covid is less deadly than thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement