Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XX-26,644 in ROI (1,772 deaths) 6,064 in NI (556 deaths) (08/08)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

When someone keeps posting the same link you would have to wonder to the goal of the poster...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

HSE Daily Operations Update

12 in hospital, decrease of 2.
    0 confirmed cases last 24 hours.
    6 in ICU and 2 on ventilators, no change.

Hospital Update:
    Kilkenny (--) - 2
    Mater (--) - 2
    Tallaght (--) - 2
    UHL (--) - 2
    Beaumont (--) - 1
    Cavan (--) - 1
    Drogheda (--) - 1
    Naas (--) - 1
    Mullingar (-1) - 0
    Portiuncula (-1) - 0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Yeah heaven forbid a bit of good news from a DOCTOR, someone that would know a lot more than the fat neckbeards loving this lockdown cos they never go out socializing anyway.

Regardles of whether he is a doctor or not it is a completely uncited article and his professional status is not verified. Nothing said in it has any validity any more than the poster you're criticising. Several of his claims are completely ridiculous. He's not just discussing his anecdotal experience, there is a clear political agenda which of course brings the article's authenticity into question.

This conclusion makes sense of the Swedish fatality numbers – if we’ve reached a point where there is hardly any active infection going on any more in Sweden in spite of the fact that there is barely any social distancing happening then that means at least 50% of the population has been infected already and have developed immunity, which is five million people. This number is perfectly reasonable if we assume a reproductive number for the virus of two: If each person infects two new, with a five day period between being infected and infecting others, and you start out with just one infected person in the country, then you will reach a point where several million are infected in just four months. If only 6000 are dead out of five million infected, that works out to a case fatality rate of 0.12 percent, roughly the same as regular old influenza, which no-one is the least bit frightened of, and which we don’t shut down our societies for.
    I find it extremely hard to believe a doctor would make a claim such as the above.What doctor would claim that 5 million Swedish people already had COVID the type of information statisticians and researchers all over the world are still trying to understand and totally accurately document and none of whom have been able to announce with any confidence yet for good reason. The answer is none who want to maintain any level of credibility in the field. I'd say most posters with even the slightest bit of knowledge about the pandemic know that the R0 is variable and will not grow indefinitely, it is completely changeable based on regulations put in place to stop spread.

Aside from the fact it's just a terribly written article, and doesn't bring anything new to the table apart form the tiresome circular arguments and debates trotted out on here daily. You'd think a doctor would provide more insightful commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Seems to creep up and then drop just as easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Very encouraging amid the gloom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Especially on a Sunday where you rarely see drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

there's a possibility they are deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Hospital Update:
    Kilkenny (--) - 2
    Mater (--) - 2
    Tallaght (--) - 2
    UHL (--) - 2
    Beaumont (--) - 1
    Cavan (--) - 1
    Drogheda (--) - 1
    Naas (--) - 1
    Mullingar (-1) - 0
    Portiuncula (-1) - 0

That's looking quite good despite the cases the last week.
    Obviously it's early days still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

I hadn’t thought of that :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Just ticked over 20m cases worldwide.
    522582.png

• Advertisement

I though that also, however the Covid tracker https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/pages/hospitals-icu--testing
    mentions a discharge today and yesterday, so I'm assuming they were discharged.
    I'll admit, it's rare to have discharges at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Anybody having trouble with Covid app on iPhone?

I’m after checking mine agaisnt my wife’s and I don’t think it’s doing anything. Set it up the same but I’ve a warning saying “contact tracing not enabled”. I downloaded this at the start and never changed any settings.

When I goto privacy and Bluetooth settings it says “Covid 19 exposure logging off” and when I click on that it says “‘not available in your area”.

Is there somebody or some group I can contact to get help on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭political analyst

fritzelly wrote: »
    When someone keeps posting the same link you would have to wonder to the goal of the poster...

I couldn't go back to the page where I posted the link the first time because of a 503 error.

I couldn't go back to the page where I posted the link the first time because of a 503 error.

Was like 6 hours ago...

Anyway the guy is a quack

p.s.
    If Boards need hosting I have a cheap server - gotta be better than weebly.com

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

What gloom? It's all idiocracy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

To get people to click on the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

Other countries making masks mandatory outdoors, we're yet to make them mandatory in all indoor settings. Such a joke.

Why would you make masks mandatory out doors.

growleaves wrote: »
    To get people to click on the link?

Yeah but its a website literally registered a few days ago and all topics are highly suspect (even tho he exists doing other stuff on another website)

He is totally made up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭YellowBucket

Drumpot wrote: »
    Anybody having trouble with Covid app on iPhone?

I’m after checking mine agaisnt my wife’s and I don’t think it’s doing anything. Set it up the same but I’ve a warning saying “contact tracing not enabled”. I downloaded this at the start and never changed any settings.

When I goto privacy and Bluetooth settings it says “Covid 19 exposure logging off” and when I click on that it says “‘not available in your area”.

Is there somebody or some group I can contact to get help on this?

Working fine on my iPhone.

Go into Settings > Privacy > Health > COVID-19 Exposure Logging and make sure it’s toggled on.

Also check your phones software is up to date.

Silly boards acting up again with duplicate posts

• Advertisement

Yeah but its a website literally registered a few days ago and all topics are highly suspect (even tho he exists doing other stuff on another website)

He is totally made up

He's literally saying covid isn't bad and he hasn't seen a covid patient in a month, yet the first pic we see of him, is in what looks like a fcking gas mask?

Anyways, as he is a doctor, or he proclaims to be, I will never take him seriously when he says: Considering that 70% of those who have died of covid are over 80 years old, quite a few of those 6,000 would have died this year anyway
    No doctor should ever say that.

Wolf359f wrote: »
    He's literally saying covid isn't bad and he hasn't seen a covid patient in a month, yet the first pic we see of him, is in what looks like a fcking gas mask?

Anyways, as he is a doctor, or he proclaims to be, I will never take him seriously when he says: Considering that 70% of those who have died of covid are over 80 years old, quite a few of those 6,000 would have died this year anyway

It only takes 10 minutes investigation to find out this is a set up persona to push an agenda and give it some "credence"
    Several (rather unscrupulous) websites linking to it

Seriously Boards - this is going on far too long - it's only a forum

Every time you post you have to refresh a million times to get it to post

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

wadacrack wrote: »
    So it seem that Carroll meats factory workers are still continuing to work while awaiting test results. Test results also seem to coming back later than the HSE are indication. The 2nd Waterford League of Ireland player to wait a few days. Test and Tracing is effectively useless if their is a over a 48 hour lag in results according to many experts in the scientific community. Worrying. The lack of planing around schools and how to avoid clusters in these settings dosent seem to be a discussion either. Masks will only mitigate some risk. Id worry how kids will develop socially in schools wearing masks and distancing. This could have huge mental health ramifications down the line. The lack of connection and social skills.

Waterford tests are arranged with a private company via FAI.

Private company have the contract for Loi testing

It only takes 10 minutes investigation to find out this is a set up persona to push an agenda and give it some "credence"
    Several (rather scrupulous) websites linking to it

Ah I know, if it was posted just once here is one thing, I think the same link was posted half a dozen times by multiple users.
    Anyway, he's probably married to the demon sperm, alien DNA vaccine preacher/doctor in america.

Anyway, he's probably married to the demon sperm, alien DNA vaccine preacher/doctor in america.

That made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Several (rather scrupulous) websites linking to it

Whats up with Swedish propaganda websites? :pac:

I said scrupulous - I meant unscrupulous lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

No doctor should ever tell the truth ?

• Advertisement

Renjit wrote: »
    Whats up with Swedish propaganda websites? :pac:

Has to be anti-vaxers pushing their agenda?
    The amount of disinformation is nuts. We're use to some crazy UK tabloids running basically a smear campaign against the EU, or Trumps fake news.
    We generally see through them and in some part it's funny and it's not inherently dangerous (long term it can be). But the crap floating around about covid is so dangerous. The number of people drinking bleach and hand sanitizer etc.... and lets not get into the anti mask brigade.

I could take a doctorate online for engineering and take a tic-tak everyday and not get covid. I can then proclaim I'm a doctor and I've been taking a tictac every day and haven't gotten covid. The nutters would lap it up.

And here, none of you steal my idea!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement