Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XX-26,644 in ROI (1,772 deaths) 6,064 in NI (556 deaths) (08/08)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Might need to change your formula

Ha, it looks that way, I'll re adjust it and see, must be a delay with the factories results or perhaps they're waiting to group them all together. Anyway positive signs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Analysis of cases as of midnight Saturday 8th August - 26,711 cases (+67)

Healthcare Workers +2
    Clusters +4
    Cases associated with clusters +14

Age Range Affected
    0-4 +4
    5-14 +6
    15-24 +11
    25-34 +18
    35-44 +16
    45-54 +5
    55-64 +5
    65-74 +2
    75-84 No Change
    85+ No Change

Cases by County
    Donegal +5
    Dublin +16
    Kildare +20
    Laois +12
    Offaly +15
    Tipperary -1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Larbre34 wrote: »
    This is good. If the Tuesday figure (traditionally the weekly peak) is at or below 80 we can be fairly confident that these explosive outbreaks have been identified, traced and contained and hopefully reopen the 3 midland counties after the two week lockdown. And hopefully important lessons will have been learned to apply to other areas in the event of cluster outbreaks.

Keep doing what you're doing folks.

Carrolls appear to be waiting for results from tests yesterday - might affect the Tuesday figure
    We have been working closely and co-operatively with the HSE and, while positive case levels among our staff are low, we believe that the best approach is to take this break in operations over the days ahead until we can evaluate the results of comprehensive tests which were undertaken for our staff on a precautionary basis yesterday in co-operation with the HSE,” said Kieran Carolan, Chief Executive of Carroll Cuisine.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/meat-plant-in-offaly-closes-after-nine-employees-test-positive-for-covid-19-39437452.html

19 in Kildare, 11 in Dublin, 10 in Offaly, 7 in Limerick and the remainder in Clare, Cork, Galway, Kerry and Wicklow

A bit unfair on Laois at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

Who the **** is charging for tests??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

MOR316 wrote: »

private companies outside the HSE testing service?

Lyle wrote: »
    They don't know the source of infection.

“I don’t know what a tracker mortgage is”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

Stheno wrote: »
    private companies outside the HSE testing service?

Watching the presser, Glynn said no one should be charged for a test! Zara King said GP's are charging

That's outrageous

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Numbers are always low on a Monday due to the weekend it's the next few days to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The out-of-hours services

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Someone asking how many cases will there be over the next few days

Bizarre question

Watching the presser, Glynn said no one should be charged for a test! Zara King said GP's are charging

That's outrageous

My GP charges 50 euro up front for an over the phone consultation - don't know if they waive it if it's Covid related tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

MD1990 wrote: »
    Someone asking how many cases will there be over the next few days

Bizarre question

Shane Beatty.

Quelle suprise

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Ha, it looks that way, I'll re adjust it and see, must be a delay with the factories results or perhaps they're waiting to group them all together. Anyway positive signs

Do you think the massive increase in numbers on the day’s we have been talking about the big factory outbreaks may include the factory results?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Increase of 4 clusters from Saturdays numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

shane beatty being really dim

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Glynn dodged that question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Arghus wrote: »
    Glynn dodged that question.

no he didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just realised they finally have the sound issues sorted out. I can hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Do you think the massive increase in numbers on the day’s we have been talking about the big factory outbreaks may include the factory results?

Well some but I was expecting even more

• Advertisement

where did the creche cases come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

froog wrote: »
    no he didn't.

He did at first, started talking about how he thought it was appropriate that Caroll's meats closed, which had nothing to do with what the reporter asked.

He was clearer when he came back to answer it a second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

where did the creche cases come from?

Navan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Stheno wrote: »
    My GP charges 50 euro up front for an over the phone consultation - don't know if they waive it if it's Covid related tbh

HSE cover the cost if it is COVID related (For tests i mean) if you are referred by your doc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I only watched Vlad on St. Patrick's Day giving the glum news, which proved true all the same, but from then on I refused to listen to RTE and other MSM updates, far too depressing.

Got the feel for it from other places, and here of course. Saved my sanity I think!

Anyway are all the meat factories closed now, like all other businesses have been in LOK, and have Revenue sorted the dodgy Contractor issue from Poland and Romania yet. What a dodge that is, but is probably legal in the long run like the Ryanair staff and other contractors. But I have a feeling Revenue challenged the RYR dodge, but not sure of the outcome of that.

The Pay and taxation situ in the meat factories sounds dodgy also, if reports are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Some obsession with such and such a rate over this and the soandso factor over that. And we're now worse than UK.
    Its not a bloody competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Some of the Journalists definitely one fella called Shane, always sound angry at the briefing. It’s like they are trying to antagonise the panel.

Does anyone else notice this?

Some of the Journalists definitely one fella called Shane, always sound angry at the briefing. It’s like they are trying to antagonise the panel.

Does anyone else notice this?
    Newstalk house style

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Flu vaccination, there's another beauty.

• Advertisement

eigrod wrote: »
    Navan
    no where did they get it from?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement