Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning Permission Sight Line

• 22-07-2020 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I was hoping to look for planning in the back garden of my parents house which has approx 1/4 acre .
    A stumbling block that I might see is the sight lines.
    I'd have to use the same driveway access as used for their 1970's bungalow. There are cottages either side of the driveway. My sightline to the right would get 150m+ but my sight line to the left is only 100-100m has a bend in the road (regional road).
    Any thoughts on whether it's worth even pursuing?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

abitlost wrote: »
    I was hoping to look for planning in the back garden of my parents house which has approx 1/4 acre .
    I'd have to use the same driveway access as used for their 1970's bungalow. There are cottages either side of the driveway. My sightline to the right would get 150m+ but my sight line to the left is only 100-100m has a bend in the road (regional road).
    Thanks in advance!

This may be an issue, cannot remember the sight lines off the top of my head ill see if i can dig them out, is it a 100km zone? Another problem which may be insurmountable is services, is the existing dwelling serviced with mains or septic tank and well? if its the latter you wont have enough space for separate services for the proposed dwelling

Thanks in advance!

http://dnoonan.ie/surveying/site-access

Sight lines will catch you id say alright, see above for good indication

• Registered Users Posts: 14 abitlost

JimmyMW wrote: »
    This may be an issue, cannot remember the sight lines off the top of my head ill see if i can dig them out, is it a 100km zone? Another problem which may be insurmountable is services, is the existing dwelling serviced with mains or septic tank and well? if its the latter you wont have enough space for separate services for the proposed dwelling

It's an 80km limit. No well, but does have a septic tank

I think its a min of 0.6 acres for a dwelling with a septic tank, 80km limit counts you out on the sight lines too so id say its a non runner from the information you have provided

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

not a hope in hell youre getting 2 houses onto a 1/4 acre site with septic tanks.....

• Advertisement

My apologies, the entire site is .5 acre.

There is a rectangle of approx .25 of an acre available to the rear of the original bungalow.

Many Tanks for the replies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

My apologies, the entire site is .5 acre.

There is a rectangle of approx .25 of an acre available to the rear of the original bungalow.

Many Tanks for the replies :)

Abrams or Sherman?

I will take two of each

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Abrams or Sherman?

I will take two of each

Neither, septic!

Advertisement