Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche Taycan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The latest Corvette is being cross-shopped against the 911 by potential buyers so it is possible to get new brands in to the same headspace of buyers but the Model 3 is not the car to be cross-shopped against the Taycan.

I know a few Porsche owners and not one of them would touch a Corvette with a long bargepole.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,429 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Lumen wrote: »
    In the Taycan's undisputed favour is zero involvement of Elon Musk.

:D

Lumen wrote: »
    I know a few Porsche owners and not one of them would touch a Corvette with a long bargepole.

In the US however...https://www.motor1.com/news/464843/c8-corvette-most-cross-shopped-porsche/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Cyrus wrote: »
    is the 88.5k on the website net of grants etc?

apparently not, the 5k comes off this so starting at 83.5k (https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/porsche/taycan/fpa/202101218200846?journey=Search)

See the video. And my table. Those prices are net to the consumer in Germany (so after the grants)

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    See the video. And my table. Those prices are net to the consumer in Germany (so after the grants)

id be buying one here tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Passed my first Taycan this morning . 211-D looks well in real life. Sitting beside an E-Tron. Wonder how they manage charging both cars

ted1 wrote: »
    Passed my first Taycan this morning . 211-D looks well in real life. Sitting beside an E-Tron. Wonder how they manage charging both cars

There’s one local e-tron owner with 3 phase power so if it’s him no issue !

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Seen a nice white taycan 201 reg on n4 heading west, looked nice pity that the cheapest one is circa 90k and slower than the Model 3 (performance)

Very few people do 300,000 km per year combined in both of their cars :p

In other words: charge the cars overnight on alternate nights...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Very few people do 300,000 km per year combined in both of their cars :p

In other words: charge the cars overnight on alternate nights...

If one can afford a etron and a taycan, getting a supply upgrade to 16 or 20kva won't be beyond means!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,438 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

jordan191 wrote: »
    Seen a nice white taycan 201 reg on n4 heading west, looked nice pity that the cheapest one is circa 90k and slower than the Model 3 (performance)

Yes but the Porsche Taycan has the advantage that it's a Porsche Taycan :D

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

graememk wrote: »
    If one can afford a etron and a taycan, getting a supply upgrade to 16 or 20kva won't be beyond means!

Yeah I need to find out what that guy is doing for a living and get in on the action

Probably traded a load of GameStop stock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

There’s one local e-tron owner with 3 phase power so if it’s him no issue !
    killiney ? Taycan replaced a panarema.

Yes I think so

Starts at 83k

Smart move.

Looking at the porsche Ireland page, its 88,500 for the base model, 321 bhp & 0-100kms in 5.4, similar power & times to a SR+ model 3 which is 47K, if you want the faster 4S, they start at 105K & its still slower trhan the model 3 P, don't get me wrong I also have a Boxster myself & i know the quality & interior is far superior but the 4S is 40k dearer than a Model 3 P before you add any extras, and the turbo S is 145K, these make the Tesla look like a bargain

Your not wrong, but I suspect anyone looking to buy a Taycan left value for money at the door :)

Saying that, i think i'll go for a test-drive in a taycan as soon as this lockdown ends, purely to compare the taycan against my model 3 of course

• Advertisement

Looking at the porsche Ireland page, its 88,500 for the base model, 321 bhp & 0-100kms in 5.4, similar power & times to a SR+ model 3 which is 47K, if you want the faster 4S, they start at 105K & its still slower trhan the model 3 P, don't get me wrong I also have a Boxster myself & i know the quality & interior is far superior but the 4S is 40k dearer than a Model 3 P before you add any extras, and the turbo S is 145K, these make the Tesla look like a bargain

yes and you need to take the 5k grant off that, so as i said starts at 83.5.

if you want a tesla youll get a tesla but im sure at 83.5k+ the taycan will get plenty of takers

Saying that, i think i'll go for a test-drive in a taycan as soon as this lockdown ends, purely to compare the taycan against my model 3 of course

Tesla Model 3 Performance is one of the very few EV bargains out there. I'd love a Taycan myself, Porsche are obviously superior in many ways to Tesla (like yourself, jordan191, I own both a Tesla and a Porsche) but the performance is a bit meh for the money.

That said, I'll book myself in for a test drive too, thanks for the heads up :D

Yep I must try to get a test drive in a turbo (less !!) Taycan to see if it feels any faster than the model 3 performance, its a pity the base model only has 320bhp, as at 83K they might have tempted a few model 3 performance owners to trading up but at those specs it wouldn't temp me

in a turbo (less !!) Taycan

Yeah that "turbo" in the name annoys the hell out of me. What were they thinking? Could they not have come up with something a bit more appropriate? TDI badge with a red I maybe? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Yeah that "turbo" in the name annoys the hell out of me. What were they thinking?

Didnt they also add a fake engine noise in the cabin?! :rolleyes:

If it takes a fake engine noise to give you a thrill then you need to take a look at yourself, imo! Buy a Playstation or something, alot cheaper! :p

Yeah that "turbo" in the name annoys the hell out of me. What were they thinking? Could they not have come up with something a bit more appropriate? TDI badge with a red I maybe? :p

i get why they used it, people expect the turbo version of a particular porsche to be the highest BHP one, and 99.9% of people who know there isnt a turbo involved in the taycan engine.

i mean they could go the stepbrothers route and use names like raven :D

Step-Brothers-Meet-First-Time.gif

99.9% of people who know there isnt a turbo involved in the taycan engine.

I wouldn't be so sure about that :p

Didn't I read somewhere recently that the majority of Mercedes-Benz owners (!) don't know if their car is FWD or RWD?

The Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo S

What a car! Arguably the first ever Tesla beater, although not quite as quick off the mark. Another excellent review from Jonny Smith

If I won the lotto, this is what I would buy as my next family car. Would have to take that silly "Turbo" badge off though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's nice but I'd prefer an X plaid. Better performance and utility for less money

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    It's nice but I'd prefer an X plaid. Better performance and utility for less money

Ugh, I wholeheartedly disagree. I think the X is the ugliest Tesla out there

Now an S plaid plus, yes please

I'd still take the Taycan over all of them however. The Tesla's are arguably better in every metric that matters but I feel like the Taycan is just cooler

Advertisement