Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal fees for mortgage switch

Options
  • 22-07-2020 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give a ballpark figure of what I should be expecting to pay legal fees wise for a switch of mortgage?

In the process of moving from EBS to KBC and the solicitor who completed the purchase for us originally (and still has the deeds) quoted me €1250.

Would this be pretty standard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Seems good value...I was quoted €1,400, €1,550 and €1,775

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Yeah that's good value. Ulster offered me €1,500 in legal fees, solicitor had originally been asking for more and I asked if he'd match it and he did. He probably priced that way specifically to land at whatever UB were paying! UB paid me directly after the fact and I paid the solicitor directly also.

Key thing with solicitors as ever is finding one who does the work quickly and efficiently. Mine did the purchase of the house in the first place with me and so I know he's efficient and had all the particulars in his files to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Mine was 1100 from AIB to UB so gained 400€ which was nice

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I paid about 1,100 last year

Advertisement