Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survey advises on getting Heating engineer?

Options
  • 22-07-2020 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Currently Sale agreed on a property.

The survey was carried out last Friday.

Surveyor called before issuing report to say he is happy and there isn't any concerning issues that need looking at bar a hole near chimney which can be repaired cheaply and is quite small.

I received the report yesterday in full and he outlines the below.

3.2. The heating system was not functioning at the time of inspection using normal controls. To
    understand the exact condition and functionality of the heating system/s, a qualified heating engineer should be commissioned.

Now I can confirm the electricity is working so boiler should be switched on. The boiler is on in the photo.
    It actually looks fairly new, maybe 2/3 years old but I don't have a clue about boilers so it could be older.

See: https://www.boilerguide.co.uk/data/imagecache/content_images/wpimages-boilerguide.co.uk/2016/10/20114341/Ideal-Logic-System-Gas-Boiler-15kW.png

That's pretty much the exact same one.

It is showing Error L2. And I've googled this, which makes me think, is the gas to the property just not turned on or is it that this could be something really serious? (note: he didn't mention it during the phone call and told me house was fine.)

Last thing I'd like to add, I have emailed him regarding this and I am awaiting response. But I've never bought a house before so just unsure if anyone else has had a similar issue moving into a 2nd hand home?

Apologies for long post :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

If the house is not occupied, the gas will be turned off.

Just ask a plumber/RGI to check it.

It is showing Error L2. And I've googled this, which makes me think, is the gas to the property just not turned on or is it that this could be something really serious? (note: he didn't mention it during the phone call and told me house was fine.)

When we viewed our property the boiler was working, but when we moved in and switched the gas over to our own account we had an error code and the boiler wouldn't turn on.

Turns out that when we switched over there was an interruption in the gas supply and the boiler just needed to be reset.

It could just be that when the previous owners moved out they closed their gas account, causing an interruption like ours or stopping the supply. Definitely worth getting it checked before completing the sale, but it might not be anything to worry about.

Advertisement