Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Enyaq

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Really? Didn't spot that. Interesting, if a bit odd. Cant think of much use id have for it other than a laptop the very odd time.

Do what Bjorn did and carry a microwave around. Or charge a Tesla from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

When it’s comes to new e suvs is it just Skoda, VW, BMW and Nissan?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

JohnC. wrote: »
    Do what Bjorn did and carry a microwave around. Or charge a Tesla from it.

The microwave option is actually pretty appealing. Hot food on the go when you've to charge. Bit bulky to bring around but a nice option

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

80sDiesel wrote: »

e2008 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

80sDiesel wrote: »

E-Niro (starting to age poorly)
    Model Y also next year (will far outsell the Model 3).
    I can see Seat and Audi using the MEB for Q3/Ateca équivalents soon also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Really? Didn't spot that. Interesting, if a bit odd. Cant think of much use id have for it other than a laptop the very odd time.

Laptop charging would be very handy. I’ve got a 8yr old MacBook that runs like day one but the battery only holds 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭McGiver

Not a bad car. Looks great in red. Great show.

Loved the history of the brand. People generally don't know most of that. It's one of the oldest brands in the world, in fact.

So proud as a Czech. It's a national icon (even though it's majority German/VAG owned :)). Good move that the VAG allowed this to be shown earlier than ID4.

Simple, functional design, very much Å koda spirit. This is gonna sell a lot if price is right. Kona/Niro killer.

11 kW AC and 125 kW DC is really nice. Way higher than Kona. Way bigger and roomier. Better tech. The interior is somewhat like i3. Both exterior and interior is league above Kona etc. For less money (the 55 kWh version at least)!

McGiver wrote: »
    11 kW AC and 125 kW DC is really nice. Way higher than Kona. Way bigger and roomier. Better tech. The interior is somewhat like i3. Both exterior and interior is league above Kona etc. For less money (the 55 kWh version at least)!

Sadly you're picking the best bits and mashing them together, though the 55kWh version sounds like it won't have 11kW AC or 125kW DC. 7 and 50 from what I heard.

At the right price it'll do damage to the niro for sure. Kona doesn't register with me as competition for anything.

So, this thing in the boot

ymD6zlz.jpg

Is it supposed to be some sort of inelegant solution for covering the DC pins in the rain if you're AC charging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Advertisement

I like how he dropped the seats from the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

The real question in Ireland would be - can it tow?!? lol

Fantastic shape, love it!
    Great show...

It will lead Tour do France tomorrow, so there will be plenty of pics/videos on the road...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

peposhi wrote: »
    The real question in Ireland would be - can it tow?!? lol

Yes is the answer, though not sure if that's all models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I like the look of it, but I’m surprised to see actual buttons. I am right? That alone would nearly sell me, because the haptics and touchscreens in place of hvac/lights etc is complete bull****. They have their place but I know what I saw in the new golf isnt futuristic, it’s just a whole lot cheaper to produce than physical dials and buttons.

At the right price it'll do damage to the niro for sure. Kona doesn't register with me as competition for anything.
    Kona looks like a toy car next to this!

The concept was brilliant. Them the camouflaged pictures were really disappointing. But they've brought it back, very close to the concept. Very good job.

Kona looks like a toy car next to this!

The concept was brilliant. Them the camouflaged pictures were really disappointing. But they've brought it back, very close to the concept. Very good job.

Wait for the price to bring us back down to earth. Gonna be really disappointing when the base version is affordable, but any version with decent tech is a 7k upgrade - I'm looking at you id3 and your crappy base model charging speeds and lack of folding mirrors and reversing camera.

Sadly you're picking the best bits and mashing them together, though the 55kWh version sounds like it won't have 11kW AC or 125kW DC. 7 and 50 from what I heard.

Just had a look at the Czech website which I take as the gospel and it clearly says DC max 125 kW (assuming peak) and 11 kW AC.

Whether those will be extras is another question. I believe VW ID3 will have 100 kW DC and 11 kW AC as an option on lowest standard edition trims. So Škoda may do the same.

Wait for the price to bring us back down to earth. Gonna be really disappointing when the base version is affordable, but any version with decent tech is a 7k upgrade - I'm looking at you id3 and your crappy base model charging speeds and lack of folding mirrors and reversing camera.
    Yes, the first edition ID3 trims suck - the two higher trims are ridiculously overpriced. I hope VAG are not going to force this same BS on Škoda. From what I can see on the CZ website, it seems there's going to be some config possible for the Founders Edition (the clone of the VW 1st Edition).

We shall see. They by definition must be a tad cheaper than VW, in this case the ID4. What's the point of the whole Škoda brand otherwise?

Whether those will be extras is another question. I believe VW ID3 will have 100 kW DC and 11 kW AC as an option on lowest standard edition trims. So Škoda may do the same.

Same for Skoda, only 50kW and 7.2kW AC on the Enyaq 50

ENYAQ_iV_EN_Charging.jpg

liamog wrote:
    Same for Skoda, only 50kW and 7.2kW AC on the Enyaq 50

Where did you pull that from?
    Just talked with a YouTuber who did review directly in Prague at the show. Said 12 kW AC and 100 kW DC will be available even for the smallest battery.

• Advertisement

Where did you pull that from?
    Just talked with a YouTuber who did review directly in Prague at the show. Said 12 kW AC and 100 kW DC will be available even for the smallest battery.

Available perhaps, but not standard.

Available perhaps, but not standard.
    Still bad but I can live with that :)

McGiver wrote:
    Where did you pull that from? Just talked with a YouTuber who did review directly in Prague at the show. Said 12 kW AC and 100 kW DC will be available even for the smallest battery.
    Assume from here :)

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-kits/enyaq-world-premiere/infographics/

50 kWh EV in 2020 really cannot have only 50 kW DC and 7 kW AC, that's just unacceptable.

Looks like VAG are pushing this nonsense like with the ID3. Hopefully it will be an option, at least the AC. But I wouldn't buy 50 kW DC car, I was seriously considering Enyaq 50, this would put me off, totally.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-kits/enyaq-world-premiere/infographics/

50 kWh EV in 2020 really cannot have only 50 kW DC and 7 kW AC, that's just unacceptable.

Looks like VAG are pushing this nonsense like with the ID3. Hopefully it will be an option, at least the AC. But I wouldn't buy 50 kW DC car, I was seriously considering Enyaq 50, this would put me off, totally.

I hear you on the 7kW for sure but what's the point in Ireland on 70kW DC, Ionity are now pricing themselves out of the market so you are just left with eCars High Power units and who knows when they will be at penetration levels?
    Agree in principle but little impact in reality (unfortunately as eCars install brand new 44kW chargers in 2020)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Thats the idea. They market the lower price and you pay for the spec you actually need/expect... upselling at its best!

Its the VAG way, nothing new in it.

It's almost like they want you to spend more on the higher spec'd version. :eek:

It is a balls though. 50kWh battery with a motorway range somewhere around 250km (i'm guessing) pulling a max of 50kW is frustrating. And you're never going to drive to 0%, so it's a ~200km motorway range car that will likely take the guts of an hour to charge to 80%. Bjorns 1000km challenges in these various spec VAG cars would be interesting. Call out these 5-10 year old DC charging rates!

It'll be interesting to see the charging curves for the 50, 60 and 80. What does your 100kW charging rate actually give you?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

50kW max, has anyone looked at the battery voltage to see what it will be in reality, 43kWh perhaps?

I think most People wouldn't be aware about charging power, sadly but it's true.

It is bad form that in 2020 faster charging is an option, it's a complete joke, it's best use of the infrastructure they should be promoting, having loads of only 50 Kw cars stuck to 150+ Kw chargers is a ridiculous waste of valuable infrastructure and I really think most of the general motoring public would not understand the real implications of choosing 50 Kw over 100 Kw.

It's a nice looking car and looks to have better interior than the ID.3 but sad to see on one of the top specs no proper leather seats.

I can't wait to see the price of the 4WD...... a car this size needs power too.

• Advertisement

It's a nice looking car and looks to have better interior than the ID.3 but sad to see on one of the top specs no proper leather seats.

The top spec has leather seats, the eco leather is animal hide but tanned with olive based products

Advertisement