Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Enyaq

Comments

McGiver wrote: »

TLDR - it's Kona money if you go apples for apples

Surely at that it's great value.... A kona is a 23k ish car in ICE guise

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Was sat nav an extra on the Kona, really? :o

TLDR - it's Kona money if you go apples for apples

Not an extra, because Hyundai's in Ireland don't even offer the chance to add the thing that you want. The original model was a proper paddy spec with no sat nav and without the assisted cruise control. I think they improved some of it for the updated version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭McGiver

liamog wrote: »
    Not an extra, because Hyundai's in Ireland don't even offer the chance to add the thing that you want. The original model was a proper paddy spec with no sat nav and without the assisted cruise control. I think they improved some of it for the updated version.

Right I see. Skoda/VW wins in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭McGiver

Augeo wrote: »
    Surely at that it's great value.... A kona is a 23k ish car in ICE guise

It is and it's plasticky, cartoonish sort of. But the efficiency, charging is impressive.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Right I see. Skoda/VW wins in that case.

Always the danger of comparing cars across markets :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,155 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Is anyone else a bit underwhelmed? No 4WD, nearly 9s 0-60.
    Pretty poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

ELM327 wrote: »
    Is anyone else a bit underwhelmed? No 4WD, nearly 9s 0-60.
    Pretty poor.

A lot of talk about battery size but what is the ‘size’ of the actual motor, what size is the motor in say a Tesla 3 SR by comparison?

9 sec to 60 and 99mph top speed is Ford Cortina kind of performance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Casati wrote: »
    9 sec to 60 and 99mph top speed is Ford Cortina kind of performance!

Is it though?

Your typical top seller in this country (Corolla, Focus, Tuscon, Tuguan etc) all have 0-100km/h times between 9.5-10.5s.

You can spec it up to larger engine to get better performance but thats not the norm.

I think this forum is disproportionally represented by petrol heads who care alot about 0-100km/h times but its not representative of the market in general.

Sounds like a job for the Enyaq vRS: 4WD, 302bhp, 82kWh battery (77kWh usable capacity), 285-mile range

KCross wrote: »
    Is it though?

Your typical top seller in this country (Corolla, Focus, Tuscon, Tuguan etc) all have 0-100km/h times between 9.5-10.5s.

You can spec it up to larger engine to get better performance but thats not the norm.

I think this forum is disproportionally represented by petrol heads who care alot about 0-100km/h times but its not representative of the market in general.

Its the small quick EV's like the i3, Kona, Niro, Rav4 and larger Tesla 3 etc that have laid down expectations that EV's should be fast away from the lights. Even the original Leaf was much quicker than the comparative petrol Nissan of the time. I'd have expected that this would be a lot faster than a 1.5 Karoq

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Casati wrote: »
    Its the small quick EV's like the i3, Kona, Niro, Rav4 and larger Tesla 3 etc that have laid down expectations that EV's should be fast away from the lights. Even the original Leaf was much quicker than the comparative petrol Nissan of the time. I'd have expected that this would be a lot faster than a 1.5 Karoq

Think VW/Skoda/Seat etc are keeping that performance for GTi/Vrs/Fr type brand

Base stuff will be adequate, won't be winning any races on the open road , besides off the line :)

ID3 from german vids I have seen doesn't look particularly fast past 100km/h, one reviewer said it had less motorway punch that a diesel Golf GTD

Thierry12 wrote: »
    Think VW/Skoda/Seat etc are keeping that performance for GTi/Vrs/Fr type brand

Base stuff will be adequate, won't be winning any races on the open road , besides off the line :)

ID3 from german vids I have seen doesn't look particularly fast past 100km/h, one reviewer said it had less motorway punch that a diesel Golf GTD

A lot of the non VRS stuff is fairly rapid in fairness - even the new PHEV Octavia (not the RS version) is 7.9 to 100 and 137 mph.

Overall it looks like the pricing is more competitive than expected and possibly similar to say Karoq or Tiguan 2.0 TDI DSG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

is it closer in size to the kodiaq or karoq ?

Mad_maxx wrote: »

Externally its between the two - possibly neared to Kodiaq for interior space though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Do we know when the Enyaq might hit irish dealers yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭conor_mc

flamegrill wrote: »
    Do we know when the Enyaq might hit irish dealers yet?

April 2021 according to the car configurator on Skoda.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Mad_maxx wrote: »

5cm shorter than the Kodiaq so that rules out a 7 seater option (this will most likely come from the iD Roomzz concept architecture). During the promos, they keep referring to the Enyaq as “exterior size like an Octavia with the interior space of a Kodiaq”. The interior is designed to envelop the front passengers much more than the Kodiaq.

Here’s a look at the iD6 which will share the underpinnings of the 7 seater version of the Enyaq.

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Here’s a look at the iD6 which will share the underpinnings of the 7 seater version of the Enyaq.

Can't wait to see the range out of the basic 50kWh battery version of this they offer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Looking at the options list on the configurator I could just as well be on the BMW site setting up an I3.....

Traffic jam assist
    Loft, lodge & Suite interior
    Park distance control

Have I missed something?

• Advertisement

Can't wait to see the range out of the basic 50kWh battery version of this they offer!

I know the industry is obsessed with replacing ICE cars with capacity and refill speed, but I genuinely only drive more than 100km in a day maybe once per year. If someone said I could save 10k on the purchase price of a car by halving the battery size, I would have to strongly think about it! It will be interesting to see how the Mazda MX30 sales go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

lafors wrote: »
    Ah cmon don't feed the troll :rolleyes:

I'm not bring troll.

50k for a car is insane, especially when it'll be obsolete 3 years after purchase.

Look at all the people getting rid of the Nissan Leafs. Hardly green changing a car after 3 years, and there's members here who are on their 3rd or 4th EV.

Its annoying how having a rational opinion gets me branded as a troll.

I'm a fan of electric cars, but I have my eyes open. For 50k+ I'd be getting a Tesla, not a mid range Skoda.

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Look at all the people getting rid of the Nissan Leafs. Hardly green changing a car after 3 years, and there's members here who are on their 3rd or 4th EV.

To the best of my knowledge, most Nissan Leaf owners do not crush their car after a three year period. Members who purchase a new car are just the first peg on an ownership ladder. I myself am selling a 2014 car, I'm the second owner whoever purchases the car will be it's third. There is no inherent difference between a car having one owner for 15 years and the same car having 5 owners in the same period. Either way 5 people have 5 cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

liamog wrote: »
    To the best of my knowledge, most Nissan Leaf owners do not crush their car after a three year period. Members who purchase a new car are just the first peg on an ownership ladder. I myself am selling a 2014 car, I'm the second owner whoever purchases the car will be it's third. There is no inherent difference between a car having one owner for 15 years and the same car having 5 owners in the same period. Either way 5 people have 5 cars.

Except after 15 years no EV can drive.

And my point was that stating that 50k is too much for any Skoda. Do you think the price is justified?

Except after 15 years no EV can drive

Mod Voice:
    As per the forum charter:
    * Back up your statements - if you make a bold statement then please provide some kind of evidence to back up what you are saying.

According to the online configurator

https://cc.skoda-auto.com/visualizer/irl/en-IE/trimline-scenic?activePage=trimlines&color=8E8E&configurationId=&extraEquipments=&id=IRL%3Bskoda%3B2021%3B5AZFF2%3B0%3BGYE2YE2%3Bmda20200331104014%3Ben-IE%3B%3B64001%3B64001&interior=EO&modifiedPages=&snapshotVersion=d2d1e087-7243-4019-bee4-efdf27f8c33e&trimline=5AF%7C606400164001&visitedPages=
    Confirmed price and specification information will be available in February 2021

I'll hold off any judgement of the relative worth of the car until then, I'd rate modern Skoda's as a similar level of quality as Hyundai and Kia.
    Plenty of people seemed to think a Kona with a 64kWh battery was worth around 40k and that car didn't even come with assisted cruise control.

Except after 15 years no EV can drive.

And my point was that stating that 50k is too much for any Skoda. Do you think the price is justified?

Bjorn Nyland has recently tested a 2013 Model S with under 10% battery degradation. Some hospital in Germany is running on old EV batteries.

50k for a Skoda? You know they are just VWs with another badge? Some are literally made in Wolfsburg on the same lines as VW cars. Currently there is a Superb PHEV and 2 x Kodiaqs priced above 50k.

The mid range Enyaq will be under 40k on the road. I think you’re opinion of Skoda’s belongs in the 90’s, but not these days. The Model Y will be comparable to the Enyaq but will be near 60k! I totally agree the iD3 Max is crazy money compared to the Model 3 but Skoda is the sensible good value brand at VAG.

I'm not bring troll.

50k for a car is insane, especially when it'll be obsolete 3 years after purchase.

Its annoying how having a rational opinion gets me branded as a troll.

I'm a fan of electric cars, but I have my eyes open. For 50k+ I'd be getting a Tesla, not a mid range Skoda.

If it were not for new EV buyers there'd be less available 2nd hand. I'm sure my old 2015 Leaf found a good home and will provide another good few years service if even for school and shop runs.

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Bjorn got a no touch review of the enyaq. Looks great, though it's the top spec/never to exist on Irish shores model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Bjorn got a no touch review of the enyaq. Looks great, though it's the top spec/never to exist on Irish shores model.

was just looking at that, looks lovely in that spec but agreed unlikely we will see it.

Advertisement