Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skoda Enyaq

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just in case some folk are unaware, any 3pin charging cable will do, £190 from UK reputable seller

https://evonestop.co.uk/collections/type-2-cables/products/ev-home-charging-cable-type-2-to-3-pin-plug-10-amp-5-10-metre-mode-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lol read again under "functional" Cruise control is standard on the basic 58 Kwh and on the 77 Kwh.

718 for an extension lead with a 3 pin plug and type II on the other and a box with relays is taking the p1ss alright.

Functional cruise control on the current Karoq is only basic cruise. Won't slow you down if there's anyone in front of you or anything like that, could be the same on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭innrain

Recommended on the road price for the 77 Kwh is 44,712 after grant and vrt relief

But with essential options you're going to be 50K or more very quickly and probably not much difference than the id.4 really.

https://www.skoda.ie/_doc/b5ec8716-219a-41e7-ac2a-5eca48e70c63

I've configured it with the options I have on the 2019 Kona (paddy spec) and the RRP is 55k. subtract 5k grant and add 2k delivery and your looking at 52k on the road. That is just if you want a bigger car. 6k in options and none of them are the plus ones. I mean for a 77kWh battery to have optional 125kW charging is a bit...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Yeah, it's a joke, the car isn't cheap it should be included.

Should not be included, but they are definitely overcharging with that pricing.
    They should be sold to consumers with a small cost. Enough to prevent waste, but they definitely shouldn't be making a profit on them

liamog wrote: »
    Should not be included, but they are definitely overcharging with that pricing.
    They should be sold to consumers with a small cost. Enough to prevent waste, but they definitely shouldn't be making a profit on them

This iswhat I'd like to see happen. A small charge so those who need them can buy them (or get the dealer to throw them in as part of the deal) and try reduce the waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

A decent spec Enjaq sure is expensive. Figure folks be better going for the new e-power xtrail until prices of EVs fall with economies of scale.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

I was strongly thinking of going for an Enyaq originally but a lot of what you would expect to be standard usually with Skoda are now extras. To top it off they are charging big prices for the extras too. I Will be looking elsewhere I think. Not planning on changing until next year so should be plenty more on the market.

When I see the price of the Tiguan they are pretty pricey so I don't expect the price of the id.4 or Enyak to come down much any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,826 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Jonny Smith did a review today

Looks good, practical, the entry level is a good value basic family bus, but the options are very expensive. Overall conclusion: "it's ok"

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Jonny Smith did a review today

Looks good, practical, the entry level is a good value basic family bus, but the options are very expensive. Overall conclusion: "it's ok"

That's the impression I got of the id.4 yesterday when I took it for a 1 hr test drive, it's "ok" ok I'll be honest it's decent but the options are indeed very expensive but at the very least the Enyak allows you to add travel assist but I didn't see mentioned anywhere 11 Kw AC.

I think the Skoda might actually look better inside, the id.4 had too much of the caddy van plastics for my liking and I wouldn't be happy paying more than the 45 K for it to be honest.

I think most People will go with the id.4 Life for 45 K excluding metallic paint or just stick with the basic white, the white looks fine, better than dull grey.

It's got LED lights, Auto Cruise control, heated washer nozzles, auto wipers, heated steering, heated seats and 11 Kw charger, Android auto and Apple car play.

That's most of what anyone wants in a family car, sadly travel assist isn't included and you have to jump to 54K to get it and probably spend another 500 on metallic paint.

No power tailgate that's bad really on a family orientated car.

The ride on the 20 inch wheels on the 1st edition is too hard, I wouldn't advise going above 18 inch and if 19 are included I'd request the 18 inch wheels, family car like that wants some reasonable amount of comfort on Irish roads.

It's hard to make out the value in the skoda to be honest.

sadly travel assist isn't included and you have to jump to 54K to get it

You should probably put this in your signature at this stage. It would save you typing it out in every single post.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You should probably put this in your signature at this stage. It would save you typing it out in every single post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

Do you get any charging cable with the Enyaq, or do you have to buy one with it?

• Moderators Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

deravarra wrote: »
    Do you get any charging cable with the Enyaq, or do you have to buy one with it?

https://www.skoda.ie/_doc/b5ec8716-219a-41e7-ac2a-5eca48e70c63

You get a single phase 32A cable as standard. They don't mention 11kW charging anywhere in the spec sheet but that a wallbox of max 11kW can charge the Enyaq 60 in 6hrs 15mins. Meaning ~9kW charging. :confused::confused:

Perhaps it comes as standard with 11kW AC charging?

Don't take that spec sheet too seriously though. Page 2 says the battery is 58kW and 77kW :rolleyes:

Interestingly the 77kWh battery pack looks to be 350V only, while the 58kWh battery pack is 400V. Guessing it's the same in the ID.4 though they've not adding that detail to the Irish spec sheet.

• Advertisement

Interestingly the 77kWh battery pack looks to be 350V only, while the 58kWh battery pack is 400V. Guessing it's the same in the ID.4 though they've not adding that detail to the Irish spec sheet.

Lol, why is that interesting ?

Lol, why is that interesting ?

Wouldn't a higher voltage pack perform better when charging?

You mean charge faster ? not necessarily, as long as the charger can dish out the current and the battery can take it, where higher voltage might help is cold batteries because the current is the limiting factor here because internal resistance increases chemical reactions slow down.

You mean charge faster ? not necessarily, as long as the charger can dish out the current and the battery can take it, where higher voltage might help is cold batteries because the current is the limiting factor here because internal resistance increases chemical reactions slow down.

So it would help with faster charging.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It will, especially when charged on a 50kW rapid instead of a high powered charger. The 50kW are current limited to 125A, a higher pack voltage is advantageous here, it's why we seen the original Ioniq charge faster on them than the updated one.

125A * 400V = 50kW (Ioniq 28)
    125A * 320V = 40kW (Ioniq 38)

• Advertisement

As to why the voltage would be different on a bigger battery. I'll use figures from the ID.3 to illustrate.

The ID.3 uses 78Ah 3.65V cells. The ID.3 58kWh has 216 cells, the 77kWh 288.
    You arrange the cells in a combination of serial and parallel configurations.

The 58kWh has 108s2p meaning 108 x 3.65V (394V) for the pack voltage.
    For the larger battery they switch to 96s3p layout, this means the pack voltage drops to 350V

This appears to match the numbers you are reporting for the Enyaq, so it looks like they are using the same config.

liamog wrote: »
    As to why the voltage would be different on a bigger battery. I'll use figures from the ID.3 to illustrate.

The ID.3 uses 78Ah 3.65V cells. The ID.3 58kWh has 216 cells, the 77kWh 288.
    You arrange the cells in a combination of serial and parallel configurations.

The 58kWh has 108s2p meaning 108 x 3.65V (394V) for the pack voltage.
    For the larger battery they switch to 96s3p layout, this means the pack voltage drops to 350V

This appears to match the numbers you are reporting for the Enyaq, so it looks like they are using the same config.

Great explaination! Thanks for that. So the 77kWh id4 will only charge at 44kW at the 50kW units!? And the 52kWh one will charge at 50kW!?

Damn physics! Silly VW

Great explaination! Thanks for that. So the 77kWh id4 will only charge at 44kW at the 50kW units!? And the 52kWh one will charge at 50kW!?

Damn physics! Silly VW

you won't be fast charging often with that kind of range.

but if any 50 Kw chargers can output more current that would help. In reality you're not going to notice the difference.

you won't be fast charging often with that kind of range.

but if any 50 Kw chargers can output more current that would help. In reality you're not going to notice the difference.

Ah yeah, I'd be steering clear from 50kW units anyways. The 150kW units at 400amp will max out at 140kW in the id4, which is fine for now, unless VW bump up the max charging rate of the car. Good to know the 150kW units won't be able to pump out more than 140kW even if VW allow the car to charge at 175kW.

Ionity are probably the only place to get max rates if VW bump up the charge rates.

Ah yeah, I'd be steering clear from 50kW units anyways. The 150kW units at 400amp will max out at 140kW in the id4, which is fine for now, unless VW bump up the max charging rate of the car. Good to know the 150kW units won't be able to pump out more than 140kW even if VW allow the car to charge at 175kW.

Ionity are probably the only place to get max rates if VW bump up the charge rates.

I wouldn't be banking on that but who knows ?

We need a lot more high power chargers, we've hit a dead end for so long now it's really sad.

There should be 350 Kw chargers in every garage. :D

I wouldn't be banking on that but who knows ?

We need a lot more high power chargers, we've hit a dead end for so long now it's really sad.

There should be 350 Kw chargers in every garage. :D

Why do you think I got a 3-400km range car!? Can't bank on chargers at all. No problem using ionity the odd time it's required. It'll get to the point where big battery cars have to sit on 50kW units for an hour and thus build up queues. Anyways, a chat for the ecars expansion thread. Thanks for all the info guys. Enlightened me

Noticed a few more listings for ENYAQ "July Delivery" on a certain car buying website.

Did a quick comparison of all the features listed on the website to a car configurator on skoda website, and the dealer is charging about 3k more.

Did anyone else see the same? Seems to be price gouging at it's finest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Noticed a few more listings for ENYAQ "July Delivery" on a certain car buying website.

Did a quick comparison of all the features listed on the website to a car configurator on skoda website, and the dealer is charging about 3k more.

Did anyone else see the same? Seems to be price gouging at it's finest

Any of our finest dealers here in the south east by any chance? Skoda prices in general seem to have taken a big jump this year.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Any of our finest dealers here in the south east by any chance? Skoda prices in general seem to have taken a big jump this year.

No. In the capital.

With the options being the same in both - Dealer price = 65,697 (excl. the SEAI grants) and Skoda website = 62,133 (excl. the SEAI grants).

That is out of order.

No. In the capital.

With the options being the same in both - Dealer price = 65,697 (excl. the SEAI grants) and Skoda website = 62,133 (excl. the SEAI grants).

That is out of order.

Delivery included on the dealer add and not on the Skoda website? Think that's €1500 isn't it? So that'd leave a difference of €2k.

• Advertisement

No. In the capital.

That is out of order.

Same here in Enniscorthy when I went to trade in a 172 Octavia. I left the cartel and went to Waterford and the figures on the site were exactly the same as the figures handed to me by the salesman. There's terrible gouging going on. Good news for ev drivers in Enniscorthy, the charger in the old Dunnes car park is now a fast charger 50Kw CCS and that other one chademo are the types available.

Early indications from Bjorn Nyland's range tests is that Enyaq is more efficient than the ID4 at 120kmph which is attributed to better aerodynamics.
    236 Wh/km @ 120 km/h as opposed to 251.

Early indications from Bjorn Nyland's range tests is that Enyaq is more efficient than the ID4 at 120kmph which is attributed to better aerodynamics.
    236 Wh/km @ 120 km/h as opposed to 251.

Extra 25km or so. More like 300km usable vs ~275km usable in the ID.4 (assuming you don't want to run down to 0%.

Any idea what the weather was like for the Enyaq?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Liam2021

How long would it take the granny cable to charge a 58kw battery.

Liam2021 wrote: »
    How long would it take the granny cable to charge a 58kw battery.

Divide by 2 basically (3 pin socket provides 2.2kW, so 2.2kWh every hour. There'll be some losses so ~2kW into the car). 29 hours. It's not sustainable. If you buy an EV and don't have work charging, get a home charger. Get a home charger anyways tbh.

Divide by 2 basically (3 pin socket provides 2.2kW, so 2.2kWh every hour. There'll be some losses so ~2kW into the car). 29 hours. It's not sustainable. If you buy an EV and don't have work charging, get a home charger. Get a home charger anyways tbh.

Haha, one of my work sites has only 3 pin plug but I'll still be plugging in when I get the id.3 77 Kwh :D 16 Kwh of free juice is 16 kwh of free juice over 8 hrs. Hopefully they'll install proper charge points.

The other site I can get the full 11 Kw. Still take 7 hrs lol give or take. 11 Kw is perfect for the i3 33 Kwh but charging a battery 77 Kwh will take a lot longer, still better than 7 Kw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It's not like you'll be charging from empty all the time.

Haha, one of my work sites has only 3 pin plug but I'll still be plugging in when I get the id.3 77 Kwh :D 16 Kwh of free juice is 16 kwh of free juice over 8 hrs. Hopefully they'll install proper charge points.

The other site I can get the full 11 Kw. Still take 7 hrs lol give or take. 11 Kw is perfect for the i3 33 Kwh but charging a battery 77 Kwh will take a lot longer, still better than 7 Kw.

Ah yeah. 16kWh every day for a year. Not to be sniffed at at all.

11kWh on the id4 is nice, but in terms of adding range it's similar to the 7kW on my old ioniq.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭cannco253

https://youtu.be/OHP1RNcXG50

Bjorn Enyaq range test.

• Advertisement

cannco253 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/OHP1RNcXG50

Bjorn Enyaq range test.

Yeah, saw it earlier, there's only around 20 Kms in the difference at 20 Km/hr, hardly worth consideration when considering between Enyak or ID.4 ? could even be down to the Tyres.

JohnC. wrote: »
    It's not like you'll be charging from empty all the time.

Indeed, but it's still nice to charge as much as I can from the 11 Kw charge point because the next day I might be at the site with just 3 pin plug.

Ah yeah. 16kWh every day for a year. Not to be sniffed at at all.

11kWh on the id4 is nice, but in terms of adding range it's similar to the 7kW on my old ioniq.

11 Kw is better to have than 7 Kw because for me the faster I get every Kwh into the 77 Kwh battery the better, so if I'm on site 2 hrs I get 22 Kwh vs 14, on site 3 hrs 33 Kwh vs 21 and on site 4 hrs, 44 Kwh vs 28 roughly and if I'm on site all 6 hrs that's 66 Kwh vs 42 etc, that[s a pretty sizeable difference over the length of times I'll be on site and if on site all day I'll be laughing because the 2 Kw on the other site isn't enough to get me up and back so the more I can get out of the 22 Kw charger the better, this will be a substantial drop in home charging.

11 Kw is better to have than 7 Kw because for me the faster I get every Kwh into the 77 Kwh battery the better, so if I'm on site 2 hrs I get 22 Kwh vs 14, on site 3 hrs 33 Kwh vs 21 and on site 4 hrs, 44 Kwh vs 28 roughly and if I'm on site all 6 hrs that's 66 Kwh vs 42 etc, that[s a pretty sizeable difference over the length of times I'll be on site and if on site all day I'll be laughing because the 2 Kw on the other site isn't enough to get me up and back so the more I can get out of the 22 Kw charger the better, this will be a substantial drop in home charging.

And breath!

I get what you're saying. I was only making the point that the 11kW my id4 can take adds about as much range as the 7kW my ioniq could take. End of the day it's range I want. High efficient car + 11kW is great. Low efficiency car + 11kW is grand.

Id4 is ~60km/hr
    Ioniq was ~50km/hr
    Yet the id4 takes 1.5x the power.

Wha??? AHH jaysus just buy a diesel and stop scabbing juice off everyone around you. Pray for a power cut, madlad is visiting he'll have de cable in through de winda before the second chime on the doorbell has died away:D:D.

Wha??? AHH jaysus just buy a diesel and stop scabbing juice off everyone around you. Pray for a power cut, madlad is visiting he'll have de cable in through de winda before the second chime on the doorbell has died away:D:D.

Should of bought a rex more like

• Advertisement

I'm going to install hidden induction charging at the homes I regularly visit! :D

Ah I'll grab as much free juice in work as I can because the site managers could throw a hissy fit any time and ban me from charging. :D

Should of bought a rex more like

Jaysus, hope I don't regret letting go of the Rex, if only we had proper charging hubs particularly in the South, West, North etc.

I could be forced into taking the Outlander on long trips like that, just couldn't face the idea of queuing again at chargers and if one is broken, She'll batter me with the CCS plug! :D

But maybe I could go to destination let her and the lads off and charge in the evening myself so she's not having to sit waiting doing nothing.

I'm going to install hidden induction charging at the homes I regularly visit! :D

Ah I'll grab as much free juice in work as I can because the site managers could throw a hissy fit any time and ban me from charging. :D

Tesla (the man, not the car would be proud). Was inductive charging trialled in Detroit at one time? Inductive pads at traffic lights.

Tesla (the man, not the car would be proud). Was inductive charging trialled in Detroit at one time? Inductive pads at traffic lights.

Not sure about that.

Induction charging would be convenient, think efficiency suffers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lolly38

Complete newbie to EV but thinking of going for the Skoda Enyaq 80.

I’ll get a wallbox for home but can anyone tell me if the charging cable it comes with is sufficient for charging in the go (I’ll be doing a lot of long trips - mostly serviced by esb EV points) or will I need to upgrade?

The Skoda configurater gives two options
    1) iV Universal charging cable
    2) 125kW DC battery charging capability

Are either of these what I need for fast charging?

Usual trips will be 600km return so hoping to be able to do them with as few stops as possible

• Advertisement
Advertisement